Suggestion: Hardcore mode
I'd like to get some opinions on an idea I just had, that might make the game a little more immersive, scary and exciting.
As the title suggests, my idea would be a hardcore mode for survivors and killers to play in. The idea is to give a more immersive background, just as if it were us inside the game map. That would consist of:
-No chase music or spotting survivors sound;
-No terror radius for the killer, but to compensate for this, the killer's footsteps could be louder, "heavier". To give survivors some hit about where is the killer;
-No red stain on chases;
-Map brightness for survivors should be darker, the same map brightness as killers have today;
-No HUD for survivors or killers; But to indicate whether a survivor is injured to others, whenever a survivor is wounded, they could scream emitting a global sound to help pinpoint the direction of the killer; (Global sound: Higher volume if closer, lower volume if more distant, and it could also work with stereo headphones in order to point the direction).
-No auras: No generator auras for the killer, no hook auras, no hooked survivor auras, no barbecue auras, no kindred auras, etc.
-But in order for survivors to know when another survivor is hooked, the hooked survivor could scream a global sound with some frequency that could pinpoint the direction of the hooked survivor for the others. (Global sound: Higher volume if closer, lower volume if more distant, and it could also work with stereo headphones in order to point the direction).
Up to this point, the idea is just to make the game much more immersive. The first time I played this game, I was scared. But after playing it for a couple of hundred hours, I do not feel scared at all. This would make the game scarier for me.
Another idea was to disable perks and addons for both killers and survivors in this mode. But I still don't know if this would be a good or bad idea.
Adding a game mode could also impact queue times, if it divides the player base into 2 different modes, I understand this. But the PTB is there for testing ideas like this.
What do you guys think about this?
Comments