A generic survivor load out that has been giving me mileage
So I decided to make a survivor build that tried to cover as many bases as possible, and to be as useful as possible and its seems to be working pretty well and figured I'd offer it up to anyone who might wanna try it.
So first you bring OTR as it gives you anti-aura reading, grunt minimalization and a stack of Endurance. It's basically the biggest second chance perk you can bring, just try not to get caught in the end game.
Unbreakable, for slugging
Prove Thy Self, your generator perk. You could try switching it out for Deja Vu or Stake Out, you're gonna want something for Gen repair.
And lastly, I recommend bringing Light Weight. Light Weight has been amazing, you can speed around the map all you want. After a unhook? You get the minimalized scratches to couple with your grunts reduction. It's an chase perk, you just gotta get a really good head start.
Other things you could swap in.
Leader, for when you wanna help your team mates with their specialty builds. You can buff sabo's, chest opening speeds for pharmacy users, cleansing speeds for totem hunters, unhooking speeds for hook rescues, even healing other survivors.
Additional pro-tip, try to pay attention to whether someone else is giving you the leader buff, you can heal a survivor near a repairing Leader user while they repair the gen.
Sprint Burst, or any other Exhaustion perk you choose.
You could try maybe swapping unbreakable with Tenancity, but I think the ability to get yourself up is irreplaceable when the killer is slugging, but Tenancity allows for more escapes during slugging attempts.
This is a pretty good generalized solo que build, if you end up with SWF's who have some sort of plan you can pretty seamlessly cover any bases they may have been missing, and can generally do it all. Managed a few escapes last night after loading it up.
Comments
Yeah, as a killer main if Lightweight catches on it will take a bit of getting used to. I already like Bloodhound so I’m even more inclined to run that if Lightweight catches on since it has no effect on blood.
All good recommendations but I would also recommend resilience for the 9% boost while injured, overzealous for 8/16% repair speed for cleansing a dull/hex. Or alternatively you could bring circle of healing (or a medkit) to try and counter the common use of thanatophobia.
Is Lightweight actually noticeable now? I've used it a bit as survivor but I have no idea if it messes with the killer at all.
If i'm not mistaken, new Lightweight means the scratch marks are only visible for 2 seconds. Definitely a signifcant difference from 7 seconds on maps where you can easily break line of sight.
It wouldn't rely on it to help you run circles around the killer in a tight spot, but a killer might abandon a chase early if they're finding you difficult to locate.
I just think it's very niche and not worth calling it meta.
Since only 2 perks got buffed and the rest are just garbage, BT and Off the record are the only 2 true meta perks now.
I tried to make a little diagram to show lightweights effectiveness.
According to a Google search, the scratch marks last for 10 seconds. With 5 seconds removed, it's about half what it is generally. With the spreading of the scratch marks, theoretically if you ran into a fork in the road and stopped running, you could have scratch marks going either direction, so it might even wrap around a 90° a little bit.
Thanks for the explanation and the drawing, I appreciate the effort!
I mean of course a generalized loadout will get things done...
But then again with all of the perk changes... Fair enough
The fact that survivors are salty and that dead hard was meta instead of KINDRED shows how lazy the survivor playerbase is.
I've been using lightweight and Self-Aware and that's been working pretty well. Was able to lose a nurse in endgame because of that.
Also, Discordance?? Gets backs stacks when you're in chase?? Which seems kinda op to me. I was expecting it to work like pebble or stake out in that regard.
The best perk to use rn soloq IMO: Kindred, bond, prove thyself, exhaustion perk
Genrush builds also option
As far as lightweight it seems to work best with sprintburst, fixated and vigil
Lightweight, Lithe, Dance With me is a REALLY awesome combo too. I straight up dusted a couple of killers last night with that load out. Pop through the window and you are ######### GONE.