5.3.0 remains the best update they've put out so far*

*excluding CIrcle Of Balance


I still think all of the changes in 5.3.0 were far,far healthier for the game than all the balance changes in 6.1.0 personally. All the perk reworks now that I've spent multiple days trying all of them out are..meh. I still use a bunch of 5.3.0 updated perks and go "oh this is neat it's a bit stronger/cooler"

6.1.0 perks are just..there. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Comments

  • There's a couple of good changes. Off the Record is the no-brainer answer and I really like how the stealth aspect lingers, but new Jolt feels pretty nice to use too without it being a no-brainer on every killer, and Eruption tentatively feels viable as a gen regression choice. And new Botany is great as long as you weren't using it with a medkit (in which case your perk is now dead, and the decision to tack on the penalty is still highly questionable to me.) Lucky Break was already very good but got an internal way to recharge, so did Distortion, and Lethal got a good aura stacking effect that makes it not completely worthless for the rest of the match. And I haven't had a chance to try out Lightweight yet, but that looks like it could be great on a stealth build.

    Of course, there's plenty of perk changes that totally missed the mark and I feel you there. Calm Spirit, Coulrophobia, Dark Sense, Inner Focus, Pharmacy, Sole Survivor... and stuff like Tenacity or Saboteur still have places in niche builds but didn't really improve despite their buff.

  • @Laluzi said:

    There's a couple of good changes. Off the Record is the no-brainer answer and I really like how the stealth aspect lingers, but new Jolt feels pretty nice to use too without it being a no-brainer on every killer, and Eruption tentatively feels viable as a gen regression choice. And new Botany is great as long as you weren't using it with a medkit (in which case your perk is now dead, and the decision to tack on the penalty is still highly questionable to me.) Lucky Break was already very good but got an internal way to recharge, so did Distortion, and Lethal got a good aura stacking effect that makes it not completely worthless for the rest of the match. And I haven't had a chance to try out Lightweight yet, but that looks like it could be great on a stealth build.

    Of course, there's plenty of perk changes that totally missed the mark and I feel you there. Calm Spirit, Coulrophobia, Dark Sense, Inner Focus, Pharmacy, Sole Survivor... and stuff like Tenacity or Saboteur still have places in niche builds but didn't really improve despite their buff.

    I don't really understand what that colrophobia buff even does

    that's something that'll only concern noobs or people with the reaction time of a rock

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3076873#Comment_3076873

    I don't really understand what that colrophobia buff even does

    that's something that'll only concern noobs or people with the reaction time of a rock

    The skill checks looked pretty dang fast when I saw Otz testing it out on the PTB! Haven’t personally experienced it yet though.

  • @Laluzi said:

    There's a couple of good changes. Off the Record is the no-brainer answer and I really like how the stealth aspect lingers, but new Jolt feels pretty nice to use too without it being a no-brainer on every killer, and Eruption tentatively feels viable as a gen regression choice. And new Botany is great as long as you weren't using it with a medkit (in which case your perk is now dead, and the decision to tack on the penalty is still highly questionable to me.) Lucky Break was already very good but got an internal way to recharge, so did Distortion, and Lethal got a good aura stacking effect that makes it not completely worthless for the rest of the match. And I haven't had a chance to try out Lightweight yet, but that looks like it could be great on a stealth build.

    Of course, there's plenty of perk changes that totally missed the mark and I feel you there. Calm Spirit, Coulrophobia, Dark Sense, Inner Focus, Pharmacy, Sole Survivor... and stuff like Tenacity or Saboteur still have places in niche builds but didn't really improve despite their buff.

    The penalty was an extremely good change. Thematically it makes zero sense,but balance wise you have to realize what would happen with green medkits. I still hold the opinion that Botany is kinda busted right now with CoH.

    Eruption is a perk I feel affects solo queue much more than SWF - dont like that.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3076942#Comment_3076942

    The skill checks looked pretty dang fast when I saw Otz testing it out on the PTB! Haven’t personally experienced it yet though.

    They're tricky, but I still don't really see it as an effective buff because 50% healing speed was already enough to make people stop healing in your TR anyway. The issue isn't that the effect isn't good enough, it's that its application is fairly niche since most survivors will try to heal far away from you and a TR isn't that big outside stacked two-story maps. Sloppy or any other hemorrhage inducer currently works much better as a "disrupt heals when I show up" perk than Coulrophobia because regressing is way stronger than stalling.

    @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3076873#Comment_3076873

    The penalty was an extremely good change. Thematically it makes zero sense,but balance wise you have to realize what would happen with green medkits. I still hold the opinion that Botany is kinda busted right now with CoH.

    Eruption is a perk I feel affects solo queue much more than SWF - dont like that.

    Would have been better to just cap the stacked healing speeds, or maybe give separate healing bonuses to raw heals and medkits, than to nerf Botany in the name of a buff. There's already been three or four times where I've picked up a brown medkit from a chest and it's useless to me because I have a perk that's now only good for healing others.

  • Ah yes, Circle of Healing + DH validation with phantom hits + Eyrie coming next patch + L + ratio.

    Real talk the killer changes in that patch were actually prettu great. I really wish they'd be more willing to give more characters the Plague treatment and improve clunky parts of their powers by tweaking numbers.

  • @Laluzi said:

    There's a couple of good changes. Off the Record is the no-brainer answer and I really like how the stealth aspect lingers, but new Jolt feels pretty nice to use too without it being a no-brainer on every killer, and Eruption tentatively feels viable as a gen regression choice. And new Botany is great as long as you weren't using it with a medkit (in which case your perk is now dead, and the decision to tack on the penalty is still highly questionable to me.) Lucky Break was already very good but got an internal way to recharge, so did Distortion, and Lethal got a good aura stacking effect that makes it not completely worthless for the rest of the match. And I haven't had a chance to try out Lightweight yet, but that looks like it could be great on a stealth build.

    Of course, there's plenty of perk changes that totally missed the mark and I feel you there. Calm Spirit, Coulrophobia, Dark Sense, Inner Focus, Pharmacy, Sole Survivor... and stuff like Tenacity or Saboteur still have places in niche builds but didn't really improve despite their buff.

    I really don't get why they decided to to that to Botanny. It was an already fair and balanced perk. Good, but not too good like another certain healing perk that broke the game last year. They could have tried making a smaller healing speed increase, like to 40% instead of 50%, and reducing the efficiency increase with med-kits to 20% or something, instead of removing it right away and adding a penalty. I'm not a fan of perks with penalties. Let's not forget med-kits are the only thing healing perks sinnergize with beside other perks, taking away sinergy is not a good thing.

    I think the game is having a problem right now where the new killer meta perks are kinda obvious (since slowing gen progress and regressing them was always the meta for killers) but the survivor meta perks are... not clear yet. Survivor meta used to be made mainly of second chance perks (beside huge number increase perks like Prove Thyself and CoH, both of which still work very well), and the only new second chance perk that works consistently is Off the Record. Others like Lightweight seem to be good, but how good is not clear yet. I also don't get why I didn't even see anyone trying Lucky Break in my games until now, it seems one of the best options among the buffed perks.

    It will take a few days for survivors to find a new meta while killers already have it. I believe it can be fixed with a few tweaks that allow for the old perks to be more viable while not as strong as before (like the DS stun time, the main reason why killers aren't being cautious about tunneling anymore) and for the new buffed perks to be more consistently good.

  • Idk chief, that update did kill deathslinger, altho for example im very positive about the spirit changes and the new music, also a fan of the perk changes, bhvr gutted slinger.

  • @squbax said:

    Idk chief, that update did kill deathslinger, altho for example im very positive about the spirit changes and the new music, also a fan of the perk changes, bhvr gutted slinger.

    Insta-scope slinger needed to die. I'm not against him receiving a buff in the future but both insta-scope and him being a better stealth killer than Myers was stupid.

  • @MrMori said:

    Ah yes, Circle of Healing + DH validation with phantom hits + Eyrie coming next patch + L + ratio.

    Real talk the killer changes in that patch were actually prettu great. I really wish they'd be more willing to give more characters the Plague treatment and improve clunky parts of their powers by tweaking numbers.

    Yeah I still love what they did to plague. Makes sense McLean was working on it lmao.

    But yeah CoH was the one busted thing about it

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077127#Comment_3077127

    Yeah I still love what they did to plague. Makes sense McLean was working on it lmao.

    But yeah CoH was the one busted thing about it

    And Dead Hard validation, that's what pushed Dead Hard into OP territory.

  • @MrMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3077822#Comment_3077822

    And Dead Hard validation, that's what pushed Dead Hard into OP territory.

    Dead Hard validation is a thing because Dedicated Servers are glorified peer to peer. Don't care much for it at this point tbh.