no dead hard is a luxury.

survivors not running dead hard 90% of the time has been such a luxury. i feel like I am living the dream currently. It makes chase much more enjoyable. Even if i lose a chase, which today for some reason i cant keep track of a survivor to save my life, is not as rage inducing because it feels like you lost due to skill, and not an E dash every single chase.

Comments

  • Agreed, it just proves how busted that perk was, i was getting kills solely because they forgot they don't have they're E outplay anymore lol

  • I love not perpetually feeling like I've wasted a health state for nothing when I'd get a Dead Hard out of someone but continuing the chase would be a bad idea. The sunk cost fallacy used to slay me. Not to mention, well, actually hitting people when I catch up to them at a loop versus an automatic extension.

    The last time a change felt this good was when they got rid of DS's invincibility shield.

  • As someone who didn’t use dead hard before as I considered it too broken and unfair (and also I didn’t want to get used to having it), it finally being gone is a win-win for me. Good riddance, and I’m glad that I learned how to play the game without it long before it finally got nerfed.

  • Went against 1 Dead Hard, and it only activated once, when I let it happen.

    Good riddance

  • one thing i think is happening is that ALOT of survivors have no idea how to play the game without dead hard and are making really stupid choices in chases.


    Im not running slowdown or anything other than my same kinda builds based around palet smashing or plaything, or jolt as my go to slow down perk and ive had many games end with 4 gens left to go.


    I really believe that people complaining about survivor becoming much harder, are people who relied on dead hard to win games. As survivor ive never used dead hard but for 1 game and my games arent any harder.

  • I'm enjoying Dab Hard, but it feels so liberating to never respect an iframe I could literally drop dead right now IRL and I would not complain

  • Any time a survivor didn't use DH or equip it, I'd think "If they had DH they'd make that pallet."

    No more spinning into your face 2 times but you can't swing cause they might DH, then when you finally dare to swing at the injured survivor right in front of your face, they DH and you miss.

    No more hiding red stain, catching a survivor off guard, but DH gets them to a resource.

    No more faking and greeding the pallet at loops 3 times, messing it up, but not being punished because of DH.

    God damn it feels good.

  • Since the patch i only had Good and Non stressful Games as Killer and this just because Survivor dont have DH för Distance anymore this shows how busted that Perk was

    Playing Killer feels so Good now and when a Survivor Block a hit whit DH they deserve it now :)

  • It's going to be a luxury for people like me who knew how to bait it out. To the people who often didn't know how to bait it out and whiffed instead, it was a necessity.

  • baiting out, was still wasting 5 plus seconds you could have been productive and werent, while the survivor running is thus being productive because you arent being productive yourself and their team mates are. Baiting out, is still wasting time which pre patch you sure had very little of.