Killer challenges encourage tunneling
I just went against a killer who tunneled everyone in the match because they had a tome challenge to hook the obsession a number of times. I'm assuming it was the Darkly Obsessed challenge where you have to hook the obsession 8 times. They said they wanted to force DS so the obsession would change each time. My guess is they wanted to try and get credit for 4 obsession hooks in a single trial. I have a very strong opinion on tunneling. I believe it is one of the most deterring things for survivors in this game and that it is also very bad for the game. Any tome challenge that could encourage killers to play like this should change in my opinion. For this challenge, maybe limit the number of times you can get credit in a single trial for it. As it stands, this tome challenge alone can encourage killers to tunnel. The game should be discouraging killers from tunneling. I don't even want to guess how many other tome challenges there may be that could encourage tunneling or even camping and slugging.
Comments
But the other side of the coin is - Killers have Nemesis and Furtive Chase.
From a perspective of someone who doesn't have those killers then yes the only thing they can do is tunnel. But those that do will actually (most likely) not tunnel at all.