BHVR prepare to lose revenue

Unfortunately with the updates new players wont stick around for very long. When a new player comes to the game they are very limited on the perks that they have access to. By nerfing key perks such as iron will it makes it much harder to learn the game and the mechanics. This puts all the decent perks behind a pay wall.

Not to mention with the killer being so easy to play any new player that plays survivor will not want to lose every game they join. When a new player enjoys the game and decides to continue playing they will spend money on dlc that was released long before new dlc. This is extra revenue that you will not see, sure the die hard fans will buy the new dlc but that's it. This seems like a huge loss for the company.

I wonder what others have to say about this. Does anyone else think that the nerfs will lead to a loss of player base?

Comments

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    You mean gain, right? Do you know how much new AoT skins I saw being played? Yea... $$$

    Did you read the post? New players bring in much more revenue than players that have been around for years. You spend $40 on skins a new player spends that just to get the game, then there are the cosmetics and other dlc to buy.

  • LOSE revenue? After collabing with attack on titan! LOL

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071544#Comment_3071544

    Jake was free same with David. I do agree that DH needed a nerf but iron will is one of those perks that if you start out with you have a much higher chance of hiding from the killer. One of my major concerns is that the best perks will now all be locked behind a pay wall. Why pay to get the perks when you lose every game?

    wow, I guess Meg, Bill, Dwight, Claudette, David (WGLF) just don’t exist anymore huh

  • I can't speak for the "Will they lose players" portion because nobody knows.

    What I can tell you is that this patch is bad for new players.

  • @prion11 said:

    LOSE revenue? After collabing with attack on titan! LOL

    Jesus the amount of people that don't read and comprehend what they are reading is insane on these forums. I said new players bring in much more revenue that those that have been around for a long time. You may spend $40 on new AoT skins but a new player has to buy the game and then they end up spending money on skins and other dlc you probably already own. Please read the post next time.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I can't speak for the "Will they lose players" portion because nobody knows.

    What I can tell you is that this patch is bad for new players.

    Thank you this has been my point from the get go.

  • @Paz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/335260/bhvr-prepare-to-lose-revenue

    I do indeed love how this cycle repeats it's self

    Killer comes out/ or gets buffed and not even a whole 24 hours later the forum is filled with salty survivor mains talking about "LeAvInG tHe gAmE" yeah leaving it until you press play the next day. Killers are the same though, I think people need to wait a week before they start making novel long posts on the forums a bout how bad the patch is. Chill

    "After playing 2 games this update within 30 minutes of the release date, I've gathered a deep understanding of the flaws this update brings to the game. In this essay, I will.."

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074492#Comment_3074492

    Jesus the amount of people that don't read and comprehend what they are reading is insane on these forums. I said new players bring in much more revenue that those that have been around for a long time. You may spend $40 on new AoT skins but a new player has to buy the game and then they end up spending money on skins and other dlc you probably already own. Please read the post next time.

    New players will not quit or avoid the game because of this update. They didn’t play the game before, so they never relied on dead hard and iron will as crutches. They will continue to buy the game, which is currently on sale

  • @prion11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074502#Comment_3074502

    New players will not quit or avoid the game because of this update. They didn’t play the game before, so they never relied on dead hard and iron will as crutches. They will continue to buy the game, which is currently on sale

    This is not true because I've been able to get a few of my friends to the game. When they started IW was one of the best perks for helping them stay alive. Now they don't need it because they are semi-decent at the game and have put a little bit of money in the game to get perks such as off the record. Which is now better imo if you are able to be healed within the 80 seconds. Proving that a new player will buy perks just to make themselves a little more powerful, whereas the die hard people that have been around for a while will have already purchased this.

  • @CyberRoninX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074651#Comment_3074651

    This is not true because I've been able to get a few of my friends to the game. When they started IW was one of the best perks for helping them stay alive. Now they don't need it because they are semi-decent at the game and have put a little bit of money in the game to get perks such as off the record. Which is now better imo if you are able to be healed within the 80 seconds. Proving that a new player will buy perks just to make themselves a little more powerful, whereas the die hard people that have been around for a while will have already purchased this.

    I think we are using different definitions of “new player”

  • @prion11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3074712#Comment_3074712

    I think we are using different definitions of “new player”

    That could be, I would define new player as someone that is just picking up the game for their first time. Having the advantage of 100% quieter grunts of pain is super useful to someone that is just picking up the game.

1 2 ›