How would you guys feel about adding limited text chat to survivors?

I feel like global chat would be a bit too much but what about something like proximity text chat when survivors are 40 metres of one another?

I feel like we got a pretty sweet quality of life changes as killers, i kinda want our survivor bros to get some of that sweet fun as well.

How would that be implemented without breaking the game or being useless, any ideas?

Comments

  • It wouldnt work in EU servers when a lot of people don't speak the same language.

  • You mean during the match? Terrible ideia in my opinion. People would only get salty. Plus, what about console?

  • @kolosovski said:

    You mean during the match? Terrible ideia in my opinion. People would only get salty. Plus, what about console?

    Yeah during the match. I agree that people would get salty but i feel like it would also be a pretty good tool to communicate. Didnt think about console, but i can see a wheel system with some common phrases being okish, as well as being able to read the chat.

  • Not a good idea, you cant stop to write while being chased and while on gens imagine writing something and then a Skillcheck.

  • @Dead_Harder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071141#Comment_3071141

    Yeah during the match. I agree that people would get salty but i feel like it would also be a pretty good tool to communicate. Didnt think about console, but i can see a wheel system with some common phrases being okish, as well as being able to read the chat.

    I get your point. But I feel like something like basekit kindred would be better instead some sort of active communication tool between survivors during a match.

  • @kolosovski said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3071160#Comment_3071160

    I get your point. But I feel like something like basekit kindred would be better instead some sort of active communication tool between survivors during a match.

    Oh i agree kindred should def be base kit. I would suggest proximity voice chat but i feel like that would be annoying af rather than useful.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Not a good idea, you cant stop to write while being chased and while on gens imagine writing something and then a Skillcheck.

    Could do a ping system on the move but yeah basically have to stop doing gens to write.