Basic Perks Not Automatically Unlocked
So I just learned you can't automatically unlock the basic perks for survivors and killers. Pretty disappointing to be honest but I get it.
What annoys me the most is the devs knew about this from the get go, and yet on the hundreds of posts on here asking about prestiging P0 50 characters to P1 1 for the sake of unlocking all perks, they failed to mention you wouldn't actually unlock all perks and would still have to grind for them.
Would have appreciated some more clarity on the matter.
Comments
I more or less assumed that would be the case because they only stated teachable perks in the release.
I agree that this point was never discussed enough. Even if you have every other perk at Tier III, there are (I think) 20 general survivor perks and 16 general killer perks to grind on every character (assuming you're at Level 1)...
They did, albeit this was back in May during an anniversary article and not in the recent developer update blogs (that I can see, anyway), so I appreciate why you may have missed this. They do specifically mention 'teachables' throughout their articles though, and none of the general/universal perks are considered teachables.
Fair enough, I missed this and didn't see it anywhere in recent posts.
Granted, it seems like it would be the case I just wish they could have acknowledged it in forum posts that were clearly asking for more clarity about the prestiging system as they knew there was a lot of confusion.
Not the end of the world, just would have made me consider prestiging certain characters or spend more time getting BP.
That’s correct, any generic perks you don’t already have maxed you would get through the normal bloodwebs. That’s not that big a deal though, especially when you already probably have everything else unlocked those generics will show up immediately.
I think almost everyone expected the genereal perks would remain the same.