Improving a killer's power
With so many new killers out after 6 years, each one bringing something new to the table, you kinda have to wonder if the older killers are the best they could be. What if the ideas that led to the creation of the Artist could have happened back when they were designing, say... Nurse, for example? What could Billy have looked like if he was made after Oni?
This is not a suggestion, as I don't expect many of these to be plausible, but a community topic. (no movey the thready)
What would you have changed about an older killers power, knowing what is now possible in the game from the later killers we've gained?
Or maybe even a wacky idea that hasn't been demonstrated by a recent killer?
Comments
To go first, I would like Ghostface to have been able to climb inside lockers. We know this is a possible mechanic now, Dredge can do it, manually climb inside a locker and look around.
So What if Ghostface could camp out inside a locker, and stalk survivors from inside it?
The locker would probably have to be subject to the same reveal mechanics as GF himself, but maybe with a much closer radius of effect.
Perhaps opening the locker with GF inside automatically exposes that survivor, but also stuns GF at the same time.
For me, they would be boring.
Many of the recent killers, except Sadako, are very boring or unfun to play against. Had the older killers been designed with this same philosophy in mind...
I am scared of what that would imply.
Yeah dredge isn’t too bad but killers like artist and nemmy are designed in a way to fix BHVR’s awful map design.
Playing a killer like pig or sadako on eyrie or garden of joy showed me this perfectly. It’s one of the reasons old Freddy probably won’t come back either
"It’s one of the reasons old Freddy probably won’t come back either"
Even you? I have been demoralized enough already.
But I can dream. That much BHVR cannot take away.
Either way, the first bit is correct. Thinking that older killers being as boring as the newer cast is just scary.
I wonder would Clown have something else like game slowdown or a teleport in his kit. His power was really simple even for the time
Doesn’t mean I don’t want him back. It’s just that BHVR clearly don’t care about Freddy at the moment since his nerf. It’s too bad since even now he’s one of my favourite killers to play.
But yeah recent killer design has overall been pretty weak. This year had nemmy and artist who are generic mid range anti loop and pinhead and sadako who are cool licensed killer but definitely have some issues
Wraith would probably have some kinda expose mechanic like if a survivor hears the bell clang they build up a meter until they become exposed. Seems like most of the stealth killers have some kind of expose mechanic that lets them ambush and insta down except pig. Even Sadako has one on paper. Hit and run stealth killers just dont work great in the Circle of healing era.
It probably would even though it wouldn't make sense lore-wise, but his power's simplicity is something I missed about old dbd. The way killer powers used to strictly focus on one aspect of the game instead of being able to do basically everything is what made every match feel different, whether your playing as them or against them.
Yeah I can agree with that. Clown’s simplicity is why I main him in the first place