Anyone else disappointed when the chapter is revealed months in advance?
This is something I've been thinking about lately. It has really bummed me out that we are just told way in advance what the next chapter will be if it's a big time license like with Sadako and Nemesis. I remember when a new chapter was coming out that we assumed would be licensed, it would be fun to guess who it was until the PTB. I understand it's nice to know what the chapter will be, but I feel like some of the hype is lost when we basically know what's coming far too early.
Comments
I don't mind learning in advance, but I do miss getting to speculate and hunt for little clues and whatnot that the devs leave for us. Putting together the pieces for Oni and The Cenobite were a blast.
Leaks ruin it though and that's why I wish BHVR wouldn't try to keep everything such a secret. Like right now there's a big possible leak out that I won't mention. They could come out and and give a yes or no or start leaving clues pointing to a yes or no so that we come here and to the game instead of going to leakers for information.
No, I don't feel ruined if they tease / tell months ahead or if some leaks appear.
I get it, and it really sucks when some people post exactly what the next thing is going to be.
On the other hand, I also get the need for building hype. These names are big and using them is just marketing the game.
It's kind of a shame, yeah. I did really enjoy being the de facto forum head of the scavenger hunt during the Hellraiser teasers.
The worst part is youtubers blatantly posting leaks in their thumbnails, though. Like, if I wanted to be spoiled, I know where to go. Don't make it near-unavoidable.