is The Dredge map dependant? and how much?

I would say he is map dependant thanks to some maps are just more survivor sides in general and spawn of lockers. But I don't know if I would call him very dependant or just somewhat dependant.

Comments

  • Only in terms of locker placement.

    When it comes to loops, he manages better than most others due to his anti-loop power, either cutting survivors off or forcing them to another less safe loop.

    But there are a few maps with an alarming shortage of lockers, or at least locker deadzones.

    Ironically, Garden of Joy is one of them. But the worst offender is The Pale Rose. It basically has a couple of lockers on the boat, a couple in the shack, and then a couple on the pier with one or two at a jungle gym on the opposite corner. Basically 8 viable lockers for the entire map, pretty much just in the corners.

  • After playing many Dredge games yesterday to get rid of his flans and Prestige him before the update, I would say that he is fairly map dependent in regards to locker placement/mobility in defending gens.

    I wouldn't say that he goes from good to trash on certain maps because of this RNG since he has other things in his toolkit, but it definitely makes it harder when you play against safe survivors or efficient survivors. You can't really get an ambush on a gen for a free hit, so in certain maps it takes a bit to catch up with a survivor who started to run early.

    It can be annoying since there are a handful of maps where certain corners have no lockers but a gen, I usually wouldn't try to defend this gen in my games and it would go alright usually, but still tricky. Haddonfield I struggled a bit because the locker spawns that I got were like in two buildings in the one corner and main building, so I couldn't get good map mobility and it was hard to teleport quickly and accurately (lockers were close together so hard to be precise sometimes).

    I'm by no means a great Dredge player, but most games I could still get a 2k by playing relaxed (I was just going for bbq stacks RIP). I would say that map RNG for lockers just makes certain games trickier than others. I personally use the teleport a lot during chase/patrolling, so it can hurt my playstyle sometimes.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    I would say he is map dependant thanks to some maps are just more survivor sides in general and spawn of lockers. But I don't know if I would call him very dependant or just somewhat dependant.

    I don't think so. With bamboozle he can deal with pretty much all loops outside the most unholy coldwind double window setups. With bamboozle and dissolution he is essentially unloopable; especially with haddies calandar + boat key.

    That allows you to teleport behind people mid-chase after they have dropped a pallet and force them to vault over it for dissolution; and it won't matter if they locked the lockers or not.

    Between that and super high mobility he can deal with every map I have played him on so far. The god-buildings are usually entirely his territory once nightfall hits.

  • I dont think map dependant, turkey can be fine in every map, but some maps are better because of the amount of lockers.

  • Yeah swamp maps feel pretty bad for him.

  • I think he’s always at least decent, occasionally he’ll get a map where lockers are near a key gen but mostly the main thing of him being able to zip from one side of the map to the other is useful regardless. And his Nightfall stealth isn’t really map dependent at all.

  • I would say yes in two ways. The super obvious one is locker #s and placements. The second is tile spawns and distances between them. Super tight tile clusters means his remnant is basically a detriment to the dredge vs good survivors.

  • Midwich with Dredge is super easy mode, lockers everywhere and Nightfall is so dark