I don't get exclusive outfits anymore
This is coming from someone who only uses archives not Amazon gaming or anything but there's a massive problem here.
Exclusive outfits some even relating to the archive story soon enough enter the store Nurse's Blight outfit,Trapper's story outfit and the newest one being the one being from Hillbilly's story so explain how I had to work hard for this outfit grinding away for it when it just goes to the stores afterwards but I have to pay for a subscription service or have to get the game on a different system(Switch for Trapper's outfit and the Left 4 dead shirts for Steam).
When I hear premium track in the archive trailers I think of it has you paid for this you and who ever else paid for it get the rewards the earned and it won't show up again oh I know it's the xharms all the charms that only a survivor can hold three meaning I'm just having useless charms near the end so if you want to hide outfits behind a subscription service to something I probably won't use or have to buy a separate version of the game make the archive outfits also Exclusive to the archives you miss the archives you miss it the only time I remember an exclusive outfit being you miss it you miss it was the 4th year anniversary outfit I missed one of Claudette's outfit pieces so I missed it tough luck make the archives like that.
Comments
The deal with buying the premium track is that you get way more than $10 worth of outfits, and if you play every rift to 70, it's a one-time payment for all eternity. Future users have to buy everything individually, so it's not really a matter of "I paid for it and they didn't!" Because... they did. Considerably more.
If every outfit from the rift was exclusive, like a quarter of the outfits in the game would be permaretired by now and that number would only grow. Not good design, and a loss of potential revenue on BHVR's part to boot.
Besides, you still ground for the outfit (read: played the game. I haven't had to 'grind' a rift since they changed the experience per tier) and got it. This sounds more like a you problem where you don't want anyone else to be able to have what you have. If you want to show off how old you are, use event outfits.
Not only did you pay way less for the outfit as Laluzi mentioned but you TECHNICALLY got them for free as you get the money back in auric cells throughout the rift. Not really getting your money back if you were never going to buy cosmetics in the store outside the rift, but if you were going to spend that 10 bucks in the store, well you got rift cosmetics for "free" and now can spend the auric cells in the store for additional cosmetics.
At least there's event stuff that, as far as I know, never go to the store. Even if they do, they were a separate grind from the rift, totally free, so even if others get to buy them later, yeah it blows its not exclusive, but at least you didn't have to pay.
You'd have a point if archive outfits were free in the store
But since a single outfit costs more than buying an entire Rift..you can't really complain about it
And if you complete the Rift you get your cells back as well so yeah, nah.
I really like the lack of FOMO (Fear of missing out) since it sucks if there’s a really cool outfit but you can’t get it since you started playing the game too late or didn’t have enough time to unlock it, for exclusive things to show off how long you’ve been playing there’s charms which there’s so many of they aren’t that a big deal (Even though some are really cool).
There’s games that are really predatory and make it nearly impossible for a casual person to complete rifts containing exclusive outfits and force you to pay extra with premium passes or boosts and things like that and I’m really glad this game isn’t like that. :)
Eh, if Bhvr doesn't want to do a lot of exclusives, I feel that.
I'd rather they bring back exclusives for playing the game, Huntress has an old mask which only old players could get from doing a certain amount of hooks and now they gave it to everyone.