Can something finally be done about camping?
Literally first two games of the day I get campers. Both times I used party streamers. How is this enjoyable. I would love to know why the devs think this should be a strategy at all? Also I am posting the screenshots to show that you don't need to be a bubba to be able to camp, as showcased in the game with Freddy.
I still remember that comment where the devs said they don't want tunneling and camping to go because they add to the "fear of the game, because what if this match I get camped" (something along those lines)
That is not something you want people to think when going into a match. You know why? Because it limits on what survivors use. If they go in a match with the mindset of "I might get camped/tunneled" they won't bring offerings at all to not have them be wasted and only bring strong perks that can help in those cases. It's the same with killers going into a match with the mentality of "these survivors are a 4-man SWF that will genrush me", because then they just bring the best perks in the game to deal with that scenario in their head.
So I want the devs, especially Patrick, explain to me as to why do they think this is good game design, literally telling survivors "well, you might just not get to participate in the match at all, die and leave with almost no points to your name". That is terrible to tell your playerbase, imagine if any other multiplayer game went "well at one point you might just not get to experience the game at all", do you really think people would play a game where it's a coin toss if they are allowed to actually play the game or not?
Like, this is the reason right here why I want a mode where it's just against bots. Because I wanna play the game, do challenges, go for achievements, earn BP for progression, but I don't wanna do it against players. I want to go against bots that can be programmed to not camp or tunnel at all, because why would they care if they 4k or not anyway.
Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to showcase how annoying this "strategy" is and how tired I am of people making excuses for it not being solved or somehow justified for it existing. Literally nothing has been tried on live and people go "well, there is nothing that can be done, because survivors can exploit it" as if that is some amazing excuse to keep survivors from enjoying the game.
PS. Those two games were in a row and in the Freddy game that was literally my first hook. I play soloq. I don't want people to "just do gens so you can escape". I want to escape! I want to be saved! I don't want a camping solution that goes "well this makes it easier for the rest to escape", I want one that punishes the killer by having everybody escape if they camp. Or at least compensate me with max BP in every category for being camped. At least with 40k BP I know I am safe to bring BP offerings and not feel like they and my time wasn't a complete waste if I get camped.


Comments
They could prevent camping the same way they prevent Pyramid Head from staying too close to survs in his Cages; if the killer stays by the hook too long, teleport the survivor to the hook farthest away from the current location. It's been 100% effective in keeping people trapped in torment cages and forces the killer to do something else.
They just choose not to.
I agree.
I don't mind being sacrificed or dying in the game.
I play the survivor because I want to experience the horror of the killer for a long time.
Instead of boring camping.
Camping and tunneling aren't scary, they're just annoying.