Funny thing : the match wasn't loading and I got a DC ban ...
I was loading a match but it was going on and on and nothing was happening.
After a while I've killed the game, still on that eve-loading black screen and when I've restarted it, I had the 5m penalty.
Weird.
Comments
Sounds like you DC'd.
Well, duh, I know what it sounds like. The match wasn't loading though, as stated.
I've just tried again, this time immediately instead of 2 or 3 minutes into loading "forever" : no issue.
I'll chalk it up to a rare glitch.
Had that happen to me before. I'm pretty sure you actually loaded into the match, but you got stuck on an infinite loading screen instead of entering it and getting control over your character, so the game does start and you're counted as a DC when you're forced to dip out.
Likewise, I think that this is often the cause when you get a teammate that loads in, is AFK, and then DCs a minute or two later.
yep, happens to me at least once a week
Oh, I've seen that happen to other survivors quite often indeed. It makes sense, thanks for sharing.
That much? It's kind of unlucky.