The July 12 2022 Dev Update catch up mechanic changes don't do anything to help people catch up

I want to start that I'm happy that the catch up mechanic for the upcoming patch even exists but the mechanic as a whole seems half baked and more for people who have prestiged than those who have spent large amounts of BP without prestiging.

Mostly in the fact that it is literally impossible to get P6 from the catch up as there isn't even 320 perks on killer side and its short by 29 perks.

I don't know if its a code limitation where its impossible to see how many BP someone has spent or some other issue but basing the catch up on perks and PRESTIGE only, when its meant for people with < 3 prestiges, doesn't make much sense. Especially when you can spend over 100$ and not even be able to hit the top reward even with every perk in the game unlocked.

It just doesn't seem fair to base the catch up mechanic on something that differs for a majority of players, and is directly tied to iridescent shards / auric cells (through purchasing killers / survivors through the store or buying the perks directly through the shrine).

Comments

  • I just want perks on everyone and I feel like I am getting just that with this update. I have no one prestiged and I am less than 500 hrs into the game but I will have all perks on all killers come next update will all the survivor perks on Mikaela.

  • Can someone explain how many prestige levels we will get per perk? I have none of my killers prestiged but will want to buy enough perks on each so that all my killer are P3 by the update

  • You feel frustrated, which I can understand. But this new change to the prestige conversion mocks all those who have some or even all characters P3 50 full perk (for me these are 4 killers and 10 Survivors).

    We get the same as someone who just skipped everything and just got all perks (I don't care about that P3 effect nobody will see).

    With the old conversion we would have been compensated at least....

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    You feel frustrated, which I can understand. But this new change to the prestige conversion mocks all those who have some or even all characters P3 50 full perk (for me these are 4 killers and 10 Survivors).

    We get the same as someone who just skipped everything and just got all perks (I don't care about that P3 effect nobody will see).

    With the old conversion we would have been compensated at least....

    I'm mostly upset about the fact that its tied to perks at all, since not every player has every killer/survivor. I don't know much about others since I play this game solo but if I had known it was tied to perks I would've P3 the 4 killers I play instead of just dumping millions BP to have perks for funny builds.

  • @Fernbrake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3057625#Comment_3057625

    I'm mostly upset about the fact that its tied to perks at all, since not every player has every killer/survivor. I don't know much about others since I play this game solo but if I had known it was tied to perks I would've P3 the 4 killers I play instead of just dumping millions BP to have perks for funny builds.

    The lack of information on this beforehand was disappointing to say the least. At least for killer i get every perk on tier 3 now, since i just P1ed all my killers (and therefore will be P3 in the new system).

    I hope the extra Lvl prestige above 9 will be converted to BP or shards. That would be something at least.

  • Very strange how it is capped. Did BHVR think giving the players with P3L50 All Perks another 10 prestige levels or so (since prestiging now gives 2 per prestige) would cause them to quit due to being finished with the grind?

    Or maybe someone said that having characters vary in prestige levels is bad and unorderly?