Everyone talks bad about Sadako, but can we talk about how underwhelming Yoichi's perks are as well?

I have been playing him a lot as of late after getting intrigued by his lore, and I must say - His perks are not bad but they get laughably outclassed by virtually every other similar option.

  • Parental guidance is just a worse lucky break, you must force a stun on the killer which most of the time is not the optimal play. It only pairs well alongside Head On, Smash hit and if you want to meme, blast mine (I found out they synergize lmao). It does not really work out with DS because the killer will still hear your footsteps.
  • Emphatic connection is an interesting concept, but mean teammates most often than not use it to sandbag. Plus 10% healing bonus? Thats like 1.6 seconds you brush off of a heal, compare it with things like CoH, Desperate measures and the upcoming Botany Knowledge. You are better off using aftercare alongside another healing perk if we are being real. It is kind of okay with autodidact tho.
  • Dark Theory is meme tier. Which is a shame because it has one of my favorite perk icons in the game. I get they can't mess with movement speeds that much because it has the potential to break the game, but 2% is just laughably weak. It may help you give you the edge at some very tight loops in some very specific scenarios, but it's really just a wasted perk slot given how useful the other boons are, even exponential which is not particularly good can easily turn the game around. Just run shadow step.

It would have been a good idea to look at them this patch.

Comments

  • I agree not a lot of creativity went Into his perks just more of what we already have

  • If they didn't nerf parental guidance :( I would use it so much more

  • This is a pretty great breakdown of the issues with these perks. I hope the right eyes see this and decide to do something about the perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Can we talk about how Dredge is actually worse than Sadako in a multitude of ways?

    please elaborate, I'd love to hear

  • I'm still annoyed that they felt the need to nerf parental guidance because they felt it was "too good" despite nobody complaining about the perk. Just put it back to 10 seconds. With the iron will nerf people will be looking for alternatives to hiding grunts of pain.

    Dark theory just needs to be reworked to do something completely different. Not sure why they thought haste was a good idea for a boon anyway.

    Empathetic Connection...I mean it does what it's supposed to. I kinda wish they buffed the healing speed to at least 20% and have it so that the teammate also heals you faster. Would save me from having to run leader with it.

  • No not really, I enjoy roasting sadako, and yoichi seems like a cool dude, so I'd preffer to dunk on sadako.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3051907#Comment_3051907

    1. Dredge's "anti-loop" basically does nothing on the maps you need it the most, and Sadako's passive phasing usually works in the same loops the remnant does. Except you aren't slowed down nearly as much when activating it.
    2. Locker RNG screws you over way too much, and teleporting between lockers is extremely slow outside of nightfall. Teleporting to lockers mid-chase is usually pointless, especially when locks are in play. At least with Sadako your travel time is consistent regardless of distance, and there's typically always a TV next to a gen.
    3. Dredge has a directional audio cue while walking around. Sadako doesn't. She has a lullaby, but that doesn't tell people exactly where she's coming from at all times (especially since she's invisible past 24m), and it can be easy to miss when other sounds are in play. This makes traditional mindgames as Dredge way weaker than they need to be, and makes pre-running against Dredge extremely strong in areas where there aren't any lockers nearby. Plus Sadako's short, which helps her out even further.
    4. Condemned may basically do nothing, but nightfall basically does nothing against good survivors too. At least with condemned a survivor maybe has to take a tape and run it to another TV at some point in the match. With Dredge, there's no reason not to sit on gens 100% of the time.

    Does Dredge have higher highs than Sadako? Absolutely. But his lows are far, far lower I feel. Definitely not worthy of the praise over Sadako he gets. He's still one of the more mediocre killers, and really boring when you get competent survivors.

    I agree with most things here except the whole anti-loop argument. Dredge's anti loop, while not the best, is pretty consistent. The only times I got anti-loop value out of Sadako's TVs was because the survivor I was chasing made an absolutely egregious mistake. Besides, you don't really want to be using your power during chase unless you want to build condemned on that specific survivor or have a chase oriented build with bloody fingernails, otherwise you will be eating a fat 100 second cooldown.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You’re right but I guess he doesn’t get mentioned as much because like every other survivor he’s just a skin.

    And no one uses him because they don't want to have that huge yellow kill me now target on their backs

  • @Sadako_Best_Girl said:

    I have been playing him a lot as of late after getting intrigued by his lore, and I must say - His perks are not bad but they get laughably outclassed by virtually every other similar option.

    • Parental guidance is just a worse lucky break, you must force a stun on the killer which most of the time is not the optimal play. It only pairs well alongside Head On, Smash hit and if you want to meme, blast mine (I found out they synergize lmao). It does not really work out with DS because the killer will still hear your footsteps.
    • Emphatic connection is an interesting concept, but mean teammates most often than not use it to sandbag. Plus 10% healing bonus? Thats like 1.6 seconds you brush off of a heal, compare it with things like CoH, Desperate measures and the upcoming Botany Knowledge. You are better off using aftercare alongside another healing perk if we are being real. It is kind of okay with autodidact tho.
    • Dark Theory is meme tier. Which is a shame because it has one of my favorite perk icons in the game. I get they can't mess with movement speeds that much because it has the potential to break the game, but 2% is just laughably weak. It may help you give you the edge at some very tight loops in some very specific scenarios, but it's really just a wasted perk slot given how useful the other boons are, even exponential which is not particularly good can easily turn the game around. Just run shadow step.

    It would have been a good idea to look at them this patch.

    That whole chapter is a flop

  • I tried pairing Empathic Connection with Autodidact.

    I thought I would get more tokens if other survivors came to me for heals, or came to me for quick heals when I got to 5 tokens and/or we were stuck in a 3-gen and the killer was not committing to chases.

    Instead, I ended up with fewer tokens on average because the 10% healing bonus meant I had less time to get skill checks.

    I suggested making Empathy heal 10% slower to get more time for Autodidact skill checks (and it makes sense thematically that you take your time healing someone who you know is in pain), but the idea was laughed at.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I tried pairing Empathic Connection with Autodidact.

    I thought I would get more tokens if other survivors came to me for heals, or came to me for quick heals when I got to 5 tokens and/or we were stuck in a 3-gen and the killer was not committing to chases.

    Instead, I ended up with fewer tokens on average because the 10% healing bonus meant I had less time to get skill checks.

    I suggested making Empathy heal 10% slower to get more time for Autodidact skill checks (and it makes sense thematically that you take your time healing someone who you know is in pain), but the idea was laughed at.

    I have tried it with Autodidact too. The time increase is like one second so I still was able to get some use out of it

    Just curious what was your other perks when using the two?

  • Autodidact, Empathy, Empathic Connection, Renewal

    I swapped out Empathy for Bite the Bullet at one point, but it felt like no one was coming to me for heals and I didn't have Empathy to find them. Plus, Empathy gave me good intel on the killer's whereabouts.

    I ended up using Autodidact, Empathy, Bite the Bullet, Renewal in the end.

    (Renewal is great with Autodidact. The biggest hurdle, in regards to heal time, is when others have to heal you without Autodidact. Renewal means you can continue to heal others after being unhooked because you'll be healthy again soon. Plus, Renewal gets a big chunk of charge from high-token Autodidact skill checks. I'm hoping the new Lucky Break will get the same benefit...)

    Right now, I use Empathic Connection with Resurgence, Solidarity, and We'll Make It.

    @dspaceman20

  • @Nos37 said:

    Autodidact, Empathy, Empathic Connection, Renewal

    I swapped out Empathy for Bite the Bullet at one point, but it felt like no one was coming to me for heals and I didn't have Empathy to find them. Plus, Empathy gave me good intel on the killer's whereabouts.

    I ended up using Autodidact, Empathy, Bite the Bullet, Renewal in the end.

    (Renewal is great with Autodidact. The biggest hurdle, in regards to heal time, is when others have to heal you without Autodidact. Renewal means you can continue to heal others after being unhooked because you'll be healthy again soon. Plus, Renewal gets a big chunk of charge from high-token Autodidact skill checks. I'm hoping the new Lucky Break will get the same benefit...)

    Right now, I use Empathic Connection with Resurgence, Solidarity, and We'll Make It.

    @dspaceman20

    That's interesting. I have used Autodidact with Renewal but I haven't made it work too often

  • It's just perks.