I had forgotten how bad Onryo is.
I'm clearing the dailies and since I'm going against utter beginners today I've decided to quickly do the Onryo one. Gods it feels so bad to use. No wonder I only have 3 green perks equipped : I can't recall the last time I've played her (release day maybe, up until I got her "adept"). Once her perks are available to the other killers, she is just a wasted slot.
Comments
And we need to wait another 3 months for her balance update. :(
Yeah,Onryo is pretty trash honestly.
Which is a shame cause her visual design and animations are pretty great.
They’re at least buffing all m1 killers in a few weeks. Pig suffers from many of the same issues.
I swear to god if it's just "survivors who are fully condemned suffer from the exposed status effect" I am gonna be so mad.
Make it end.
They won't remove the mori. The devs spoke about wanting to make mori's something the killer unlocks during the match instead of bringing offerings, and I believe Condemnation is the first iteration of that (not counting PH). The REALLY cool thing about Condemnation and how powerful it is, is you can literally mori a survivor the first time you down them if they haven't been able to manage the Condemnation. I've gotten a few moris out of it, if you can manage to stop a survivor from turning in a tape AND apply a stack of Condemn on them, they can potentionally become moriable as soon as you arrive. I think maybe allowing the killer to see the levels of condemn could potentially allow the killer to change their objective, knowing that a survivor is close to getting mori-able.
It's more depressing the longer you think about it. Her chase...power(?), passive phasing, is just something that happens on Spirit. But with Onryo, it's something you have to activate for a brief duration. Coming out of the TVs quickly? Literally just Spirit add ons. Onryo's main gimmicks are things Spirit has on top of her main power. Whew.
Yeah, I have her around bottom 5 in my tier list. She just doesn't feel great and is like a lesser version of other killers.
Wraith's stealth, Freddy's/Dredges teleport, and Pyramid Head's Mori are all better.
I think she needs some hefty buffs and one thing I'd do that I haven't seen mentioned is make it for every hook state, you get +2 (+3 with an addon) to your bar that can't be removed. That way hhen you're on death hook, it becomes easier to mori people, similar to Pyramid Head in a way.
Her teleport needs a massive buff as the cooldowns on the tv are way too long. Her stealth while worse then others is okay enough and I'd prefer buffs to the teleport and mori.
What? When did I say anything about her mori?
I have 4-5 killers below her on my rankings, but it gets rough as you move up mmr. She can be vastly improved with only a few tweaks to her TP and condemnation, imo. The trick is going to be improving her looping, but I think making her completely undetectable/invisible while demanifested would be a good start.
I still think she is fun as heck, and if I keep myself at mid-low mmr with her I get lots of kills.
Problem with this is you have to be as aware as mold to get condemed, as you can even remove it while in chase.
Turning off the TVs for such a long time is pretty ######### stupid.