I hate the open exit gate daily
Survivor dailies are so few and far between so I hate complaining… but I hate this one. I have had this same Quentin daily back to back for days and sometimes it can take all day.
1) SoloQ, I’m lucky to survive against my teammates and If I out survive them then it’s a hatch game 2) I have to hope they don’t already open the gate(have on multiple occasions died due to having to go across the map to another gate cause another survivor wouldn’t give up the door)
There’s just so many variables with this daily. I would prefer it be simplified to just escape with x character
Comments
Yeah, it’s the most irritating one. At least it’s on Quentin for you! Wake Up, and if you wait a couple weeks stack Sole Survivor with it in solo queue. 🤪
A lot of the survivor dailies, just like the Archive challenges, kind of suck
They're almost always a huge time sink, either because you have to do one thing a bunch of times or you have to do something like being the one who opens the exit gate and it's not always a good idea for you to do that (how many times have I 99'ed the damn gate only to have someone else snag it because I went to help the person being chased instead of just opening the gate and leaving...).
I suppose though that is just like the killer v survivor dailies/archive challenges. I've always found the killer stuff far easier just because you as the killer had the agency in the match to do your challenges where so many survivor challenges rely on someone else doing something for you to react to.
Wow, I only have time to hate it every other day. You have a work ethic.
If someone 99s it and you do the final tap that counts as opening the gate. You could die after opening it and it still counts - I've died multiple times because I'll go back to help someone after opening the gate or commit to gate as killer is coming. If you have the challenge on just open the door instead of 99, or have someone else go help the other survivor while you wait by the exit.
There's already the escape with x character daily so if they removed the open exit gate challenge we would have less survivor challenges.
Yeah, this is my least favorite survivor daily. Even when I'm alive and not hooked at that point... I hate being pressured to open the gates and start the EGC early because the odds of me dying for the save, or someone else opening the gate while I'm off rescuing or bodyblocking, are too high.
Like the OP says, too many variables. It almost always encourages bad play when I actually go through with it instead of rerolling.
At least Bhvr is consistent. Most of their challenges and rituals suck.
Just be glad they didnt add Blood Debt as a daily.