Are people overvallueing the amount of bp bbq&chili gave?

Bbq is losing the bloodpoint bonus and it will take a hefty amount out of the bloodpoints you will earn. But some people i know are acting like we will earn half as much bp as before.

That isn't really the case

Bbq didn't double your bp it just gives you the bp you earned in a match again. You earn bp in more ways then that.

Between offerings, daillies, archive, rank reset rewards, events and random bp codes i beginning to feel bbq's bp bonus was always a bit overrated.

It was good and losing it will be quite a chunk less bp. But probably like 15-20%. Even less with wglf with how much harder it is to get stacks with that perk.

Am i seeing that wrong? The more i think about the more i begin to think bbq's bonus really wasen't that big of a deal as we made it out to be.

Comments

  • they should have just doubled the cap of each category when removing the bonus. Just let people earn more than 8k per category, 32k per game. That was arguibly the bigger point of the bonus in the first place.

  • The value is there, but it's not like BBQ and WGLF were being run all the time by everyone.

    If I recall the usage stats correctly, BBQ is run about 45% of the time (which is a lot), and WGLF about 10% of the time (not so much).

    Personally, I ran both of these essentially every match, so I am going to miss those extra BP. But I think most people are just mad they'll no longer have the option.

    Another thing that I don't get is that they buffed the other effects of the lesser run perk (WGLF) to compensate, but only took from the more popular perk (BBQ).

    @ShyPirate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049685#Comment_3049685

    This is simply not mathematically possible unless you:

    1) never claimed a daily ritual

    2) never claimed a tome challenge

    3) never used a bloodpoint offering

    4) never played a game in which another player used an offering like BPS, Anniversary Cakes, etc.

    5) never claimed a bloodpoint code

    6) never got a login reward

    7) never received a rank reset bonus

    There may be more I am missing but every one of these things decreases the percentage of total bloodpoints earned from BBQ and WGLF, which at absolute maximum can be 50%

    Yeah, like I said I ran these perks almost every single game, but they accounted for like a third of my overall BP earnings, if I had to estimate.

  • @hex_devour said:

    I think ur underestimating it. It's probably 80% of my extra bloodpoints if we exclude BP offerings.

    @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3049573#Comment_3049573

    Bbq doesn't double your total bloodpoints though

    It doubles the points you get in a trail

    What i'm starting to think about is that a lot of bp we earn is outside of trails

    Bbq does nothing for daillies, archives, events, bp codes, rank reset...

    It's not really that bbq doesn't do much. But that the bp we earn per trail is so little that doubling it doesn't make as big of a difference people are thinking it does

    ...you're wrong. Plain and simple. At this point, it just seems you're trolling.

1 2 ›