Can the people who make the trailer models make the normal ones?
Who makes those trailer models? Are they even the same people? It's hard to believe that they are since they looks so much better. Especially for the licenses. We saw this with Resident Evil where they kinda look terrible in game but in the trailer they were PERFECT! Cheryl also looked better in her trailer. Imagine if DBD could just look like those trailers as a whole. I kinda wish they could just make a sequel to remake all the graphics entirely or something. I feel like it's probably not possible to do that without making a whole new game.
Comments
I think trailers animation is done with different software that ingame engine cannot came close to unless they upgrade the entire engine
It's not even a game engine problem. UE4.27 is able to handle a lot in terms of graphics. It's probably down to a mix of existing code, existing older models which would have to be redone and keeping in mind that not everyone has a pc that can run good graphics. But considering that I keep my settings pretty low despite having a pretty high end pc because the game runs even less smoothly if I set them higher makes me think it's mostly something about the coding. (Plus there exist mods to transfer dbd characters to other games and even the game asset versions of the characters look much better there). Also. Dbd shaders are weird.
Either way. The original character models look very high detail and since trailers are not rendered live they can go all out on the quality there. Actually, looking at the ArtStation showcases of some of the character artists they could even go for much higher quality in the trailer.
but yes. bottom line js you're roght. its probably impossible to significantly improve the graphics without making it a new game.