Can we please stop losing pips?
Listen, I don’t care if you guys make it harder to gain pips. But can we please stop losing pips?
I’m tired of playing ten rounds, earning five pips, and losing three because I got tunneled out or camped or I “didn’t do enough.” It doesn’t make me enjoy playing, especially when we reset every month, it doesn’t feel like it’s worth playing just to lose pips.
Am I alone in this??
Comments
The current pip system is very generous. There is a limit on how many pips you can lose. Like once you're at iridescent you can't go back below iridescent.
Players can also get [-1, 0, 1, 2] pips, so you're expected to get 1/2 pip each match. The odds are completely in the players' favor to keep gaining pips as they play more.
You're not alone. I've complained about this a lot, and I've seen more and more people upset about this lately. There's no reason players should be able to lose pips since grades have anything to do with matchmaking. I spent the entire event stuck at iri 3 as survivor, and I'd get one pip away and then de-pip all the way back down to zero because my matches would go immediately downhill. It sucked.
Being able to lose pips only makes bad matches more frustrating. Making bad things worse for no reason is something DbD needs to move past.
I’m sure the pip system is very generous for people who are actually good at this game. I have a very love/hate relationship with DBD: I love to play with my friends but I hate this game 80% of the time.
The amount of times I’ll have a good match and earn 0 pips versus how often I get tunneled out because I’m a “weak” survivor and get -1 pips far outweighs the benefits. I’ve rarely moved past a Gold 2, and have only ever reached Gold 1 once.
Im not sitting here as a survivor who wants to reach Iri 1, I could honestly care less. But it’s frustrating as a player who doesn’t rank down very often to be kicked down multiple times while trying to have fun and good matches but can’t because a killer tunneled me (because they don’t like Mikaela’s or some other asinine reason) or because I just couldn’t get a foothold on points.
Agreed. No point in keeping depipping now that you can't lose grade, grade isn't used for matchmaking AND grade is hidden.
It only serves to frustrate players to get told after a bad game "Oh btw, you also lost progress"