Even more cool stuff on maps
I didn't really know how to categorise this, so for now I'll just call it cool stuff. By that I mean how the gallows trapdoor opens on dead dawg saloon, how the doors open on swamp, temple and Gideon. The doctors TV machine on lerys. The secret chest on midwich. The zombies in rpd. The way the map can change mid match.
I feel this adds a whole new layer of depth to map knowledge or enhances the atmosphere of a map. On Gideon, survivors have to strategically decide which generators to do as they can open up doors to beneficial areas. How empty would rpd and midwich feel without the bodies/zombies?
These details are what makes a map interesting in my opinion. So much so that I feel there should be more of this or changes added to existing maps.
Imagine if on midwich after all the gens are done, the siren starts and the wallpaper starts peeling of to reveal metal frames like in silent hill 3 or imagine a map with an elevator containing a generator where the doors close after it is completed and the elevator moves up a floor.
Little things like this is one of the things that gives a map a personality in my opinion and it would be great to see this implemented into future/existing maps.
Comments
Hol' up. What zombies on RPD?
But also, yeah those make the map feel more alive even if they're little things like Dead Dawg Saloon trap door.
i think specific maps should have different ways of affecting gameplay beyond layout and rng. like what if midwich could have something like dredge's nightfall to match the otherworld's appearance in silent hill