make disconnect penalty much longer
I am so tired of games where the person who gets downed first dcs right away. Some other games even cancel the game at this point, but in dbd you have to suffer through the rest of the game. Make the disconnect penalty much harsher. Needs to start at 15 minutes and go on from there.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Leave the first one short incase someone just got booted or his having internet issues, but for multiple DCs in a short period, yeah, absolutely drop the hammer on them.
I'd rather they leave it as is and just implement a new tracking feature that logs how often people DC and have the game just group up serial DC'ers together so they can ruin each others games.
Out of the every single 100+ times I've seen someone dc, I can't remember a single time it didn't happen right after a down/hook.
I definitely understand the frustration of someone leaving your game prematurely, whether you are Killer or Survivor it leaves the game a player short. But as already mentioned, it starts small for the reason that there may be more to a disconnect than it being a fully intentional ragequit/disconnect.
Internet issues happen (been there myself, including when playing with friends that were streaming and I was so upset), power issues happen, hardware/software issues happen, and even IRL issues that absolutely are a lot more important than an online video game match happen (been there too, more than once). Things out of our control are just a part of life, and shouldn't be hit with too harsh a penalty, and the 5 minute start is long enough to discourage an intentional DC, but not be an issue to those that had to wait for their internet to be restored or making sure an emergency that required going afk is seen to. Also noting, if someone is DCing repeatedly due to internet issues, it would be on the player to contact their ISP and see what the issue may be.
And, of course, anyone that does continue intentionally leaving matches will continually face longer and longer penalty times.
On rare occasion I've seen a surv DC at a really odd time and assumed they got booted, and I my self have been booted (once I recall right as I was hooked, which no doubt made it look bad) on occasion.
But yeah, 99.9% of the time it's just the player babying out.
That said, I think there should be benefit of the doubt on the first one.
But if they keep doing it? Make the penalty so long their grandkids will be watching them wait it out.
I would support the following escalation (within an 8 hour period):
1st DC = 5 min
2nd DC - 60 min
3rd DC - 24 hours
I like these numbers. I'm 100% for a harsher DC penalty. The only "downside" is it would make these people get frustrated and stop playing, certainly after the second, but... is it really a downside for us? XD.
But in games like fortnite, its no big deal, a 100 person lobby won't notice you checking out. but a team of 4, it ruins the whole game.
I too have had internet issuesthat result in 1-2 dcs a day, though I mainly play killer. I don't like going straight from 5 mins to 60 then 24h. How about 5/15/30/2 hours/8 hours/24 hours, but it only goes down 2 steps per day? In general, peoplethat veryoften DC shouldn't ever only have a 5 minute penalty, it should always be 15 for them. But I guess these types of people will just play on an alt. Entitled to DC, but still entitled to play whenever they want.