Why some people dislike Artist but like other "hold W" Killers?
Offten times I saw when it comes to disliking Artist that "she is boring, hold W killer". However that same person also say that Nemesis is their favorite or any other "hold W" killer. Nemesis is hold W killer as well with strong anti-loop. Artist on the other hand can do more things than just have a good anti-loop (scouting, damage on large distance). Nemesis is very popular killer, yet Artist is not that much, many people don't like to play her but they enjoy playing other "hold W" killers. That is not fair for the bird lady :(
Comments
Bird lady is not as fluid to use as Nemesis is. That's the main reason I don't play her, which is a shame as I liked her style.
I like the Artist, liked her so much that I main her now. Though it is a lonely circle of people who enjoy the bird lady. People just don't like her anti loop and it takes a bit to learn how to play her effectively against good survivors.
I would say it is most likely because Nemesis can still be looped and juked even if it is harder than some other killers, where as Artist places a trap at a loop while still chasing behind you and if you walk into the direction of the crow trap, you get hit. People believe this is effectively shutting down the loop completely and it usually forces you to leave the loop and hope there is another one nearby while also hoping she isn't directly behind you.
I don't think she is too overbearing personally. If you know how to use line of sight blockers, you can escape to another loop while she is setting up crows. But this may be why people find her boring as it eliminates looping in that area whereas with Nemesis, you just need to be smart about how you loop it. Most killers need to played differently in chases anyway, however, so that is nothing new.
Anti loop killers are weak and nerfed, survivor mains dislike them all, pyramid got a nerf he didnt needed and needs QoL change and is too clunky, nemesis wastes too much time on chase, same with artist
I'm the opposite, I don't like PH, nemesis etc but love artist
But also I don't really want lots of other people playing her or she might end up getting nerfed
I've personally never heard someone hate the Artist and turn around and say Nemesis is the best but I can kind of see where they are coming from.
Nemesis has to earn his power by tiering up so there is some counterplay there by trying to force him to take as long as possible to get to tier 2/3. His power gives a minimum of 3 health states, making it more forgiving (especially with vaccines). Nemesis still needs to respect pallets and destroy them after they are thrown unlike Artist who can lay down a bird and continue the chase without needing to break the loop. As annoying as zombies can be, they can't be offensively used to camp like Artist technically can (especially with perks like DMS).
I don't mind Artist personally but there are a lot of key differences between her and other anti-loop killers.