I'm doubling down of Prestiging 3 my Killers

Surely with all the negative feedback with gold glitters filter. BHVR would surely change it right? Right?

Comments

  • If they're gonna die on the hill of not giving back OG Legacy to the ones who lost it because of the way they saved data, what makes you think they'll change this?

  • Only feedback can direct change here.

    @Emeal said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9T05VH0AKBCN/image.png

    Oh boy BHVR, I think you did not do your best with the Prestige Legacy Portrait Yellow Glimmer here is why.

    1. People assumed it could be seen by other people, because two sentences were too close. That misunderstanding is gonna cause a lot of disappointment. I have seen tons of posts on social media today.
    2. It looks not the best, but you decided to create a toggle in the settings menu. Which indicates to us, its a thing you decided was disturbing and annoying to look at, an admission in other words. A sensible solution which backfires now on you. But please keep this option, I am a veteran but I dont wanna look at the yellow glimmer.
    3. Veterans who prestige are paid way lower in effort to the amount of bloodpoints, time, items, offerings, perks they sacrificed in the Prestige system. You may excuse this by claiming it was an optional part of your game, but it still WAS part of your game, so some people were going to do it and you are disappointing them now.
    4. This worst part of this that this story sends a really bad message, it indicates that nobody on the team stood up and prevented things from going this way, If I was a developer at BHVR, I would have said. Nonono, stop we cant do this. This is dangerous cause BHVR does not leave us with much faith in you and its disappointing too.

    This is quite bad but you have still time to fix this. Im here to give feedback. I am a veteran who does not care about the reward, cause my eyesight is fixed on the prestige changes rather than the reward (the presige changes are objectively better in the long run) and while I do firmly not care the disappointment in the community is crystal clear to me this morning.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MQ9PWHYFHTX2/image.png

    Here is what I would do. 'You need cameras.'

    • Go public and apologize to your community. Tell them you have heard your criticism and tell them you didn't realize people misunderstood the post of the Prestige changes and that you didn't realize people cared so much about it. You will save face with this, it wont solve the problem, but you will restore some good will.

    Now to fix the rest of the problem, here is what I would do.

    Now, Im not an bhvr insider, but I guess you cannot give us bloodpoints back as veteran reward. The cost alone for what was sacrificed vs. would you should give back is too great. Why? because nobody likes the insane killer pink addons and too much bps in the economy is really bad. so forgive my ignorance of what you are able to do.

    So the only solution I see instead of bloodpoints is to turn the three old prestige symbols into charms, a cosmetic designer should be allocated to this task asap, while digital engineer figures out a delivery method to players too. Is a charm cheap? in the grand scheme of things yes, but its better than yellow glimmer and it can be shown off to others as a charm. so that is Point 1 solved.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/II67C8R6QACG/image.png

    Now will this solve Point 3? probably not, but I would use the charms and then go talk to the bloodpoint economists and ask them to give me a minimal damage reward per prestige lvl. Perhaps 100 000 bps per prestige for items sacrificed? Then give the charms and those bps a combination of rewards would sweeten the deal. Come out and say, we cant give you all the bloodpoints back as it would damage the economy. Perhaps, even give a bonus of extra Prestige levels based on when character was released x prestige level as levels in the new prestige system. That would satisfy point 3 I think.

    Now that leaves point 2 and 4. But by doing even one of the solutions above, you can dodge or quench point 4.

    Now point 2 is about either keeping the glimmer or discarding it, some might like it others dont. If you keep it, it might serve as a reminder of how bad it was about to go with the Prestige System, inf act the whole new Prestige System might be tainted by that too. I have no idea how to solve point 2 for you, so keep it might actually be the best solution.

    Anyway thats my feedback, Hi mods, hope you have a lovely day and thanks for your work. I hope bHVR gets to know my suggestions. I would only get second hand embarrassed from this should you not do anything, Im more worried about how this feels to the other community members. Thanks for listening.

    Its funny, I never been good at writing in school, I could stare at a blank page with endless doubt about what to write. But here it seems so easy to make a pointed list of the problems I see and then possible solutions. If only life would be as easy as video game feedback.

    Im still prestiging my Survivors. I want to free lvl 3 perks.

  • There are so many people that are pissed off about this "reward" it's enough to walk away from this game.

    I hope they change it.

  • glad i knew bhvr so well that i expected the reward to be so useless and advised people not to prestige and it turns out i was right to do so. what a way to reward your long time dedicated players.

  • Well people was warned about prestiging everyone just for the rewards...

    It's meant as a little reward for those who actually prestiged 3 before the update. If it was something huge they would of announced it.

    I never prestiged anyway so I'm still pretty happy, but so many people was warned not to rush to prestige

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Doubt it. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they knew that it wouldn't be well received but they wanted to encourage everyone to prestige so they dangled a promise of a reward in front of us waiting until the last possible hour to reveal said reward. If that is a totally wacko theory then why not show us what it was from the start? Only other theory is they had no idea what to do and they came up with this idea just before PTB launch. Considering how it looks, that wouldn't surprise me either.

    Anyway, I;ll get back in my box.

    But what do they get out if it other than backlash? They're not earning from you prestiging.

    I agree though, the reward is terrible. And that is although my expectations where low, I expected it to be something not worth the grind but pretty (because usually the art department actually do good work!) I just don't see what positive they would get out of trying to push people to PIII.