Please make the pedestals show on hook and gen completion next event.
The 4m aura reveal is pretty useless especially on killer when its in your FOV already. The pedestals are a pain to find especially when the last one is the mask you want the most. I've had to slug the last survivors almost and in some cases all the way to death to try to find these things and on survivor I just feel like a burden to my team since Im doing laps of the map trying to get this mask instead of being useful. Just make them be revealed to the killer when they hook someone and to the survivors when a gen gets done. It makes them easier to find and encourages more healthy gameplay in finding them.
Comments
@MandyTalk please take this suggestion to the event planners myself and I know many others couldn't find the invites because of how horrible it was set up.... survivors had easier time finding because they can look around their body 360° while killers only could look Infront of them.
Survivor I found plenty but got tunneled and camped to death....
Killer only found 3 because of above issue and survivors Gen Rushing and leave asap
I only am able to play on weekends so time is limited but the last two events that had cosmetic rewards for finding something in the map I got all of those easily on the weekends but this one only 3
And if a killer hooks someone at roughly the same time as a gen is repaired (within 20 seconds or so) all players flock to the pedestal and the killer gets a free lunch.
"Killers are gatekeeping the event!"
"Toxic killers ruining the event for everyone!"
Well the alternatives is slugging and useless teammates. That isn't a common enough issue and really isnt a massive issue at all imo. If you are killer who doesnt want crowns you have to gamble whether survivors want a crown badly enough to go there rather than just going to a gen and if you are a killer who wants the crown after you find whatever survivor it is and injure them you are still trying to get the crown. Its by no means impossible odds of a killer hooking a survivor as a gen pops off and both the killer and a survivor goes and then the killer gets a free down but the killer is after crossing the map applying little to no pressure on the other 3 survivors working on gens. Also if they do find the survivor the crowns generally spawn inside loops and structure so unless all the pallets were thrown the survivor can still loop.
That's the alternative is it?
How did I get all 12 masks on the second day by playing killer, while letting all survivors escape with 30k BP all round, myself included?
You just have to play killer well, I would 2-hook all survivors, and control the pace of the game to the point where everyone was on death hook, I could walk away while they finished the rest of the gens (usually multiples remaining) and have plenty of time to find the pedestal.
I'm still finding pedestals now? I completed all the invitation related challenges AFTER I already had all the masks, and still pick one up nearly every game for the extra 750 BP. I've probably picked up around 30 invitations by this point, and I only play for a couple hours in the evenings.
Good for you but we are not with your amazing skill level and some of us didn't find them so easily.
It's odd that they aren't showing up well for some players. When the invites first came out I grabbed a Wraith and did a couple of laps each map to find them. Including one bugged trial where none of them spawned at all, I was able to get all 12 masks in about 13 trials, one after the other.
Most maps I've been playing in the last week seem to have an abundance of them with an even quicker respawn/move time. I pass so many of them on both killer and survivor that I'll grab one per trial just for the BPs. Two days ago I spawned into a trial with a totem, chest, and invite all within a few steps of me. Easy insta-BPs.
It seems like on most maps they spawn faster and in greater numbers the longer the trial goes on.
Also, some maps tend to keep them more in particular places. For example, on the Swamp map you'll tend to find loads of them on the ridgeline that runs along the outer map walls. On the Autohaven map they tend to spawn more inside of the small building areas made of junk piles vs out in the open (though you will find some hanging out near tire stacks, and there's one or two spawn points in the garage building). Any map's killer shack that has the table in it, one will often spawn right behind the table against the wall (if the shack also has a basement it'll be between the table and the basement stairs).
On other maps their spawn locations are more all over, like Ormond and Garden of Joy. They never spawn in the basement or on the basement stairs, if anyone was curious about that.
You're right on the aura, though. You'll actually see the invite pillar itself long before you'll need to look for an aura. I didn't even know they had an aura until the end of the first week of the event. I walked by a wall with something purple glowing through it that I'd never seen before.
I'm not an amazing killer. I suck at most of them. I just used MYC on Dredge.
Yup don't have either.
Not everyone has the time to play that much. I was busy for most weekdays. I only played some 20 matches over the 2 weeks. And got my last mask on the last evening.
This
Finding them was absolutely awful pretty much had to throw the game searching