Hex totems and exit gates
Hex totems:
- Put skill checks on hex totems and if they miss a skill check they start again.
- Give killers a built in Thrill of the hunt
- Allow killers to know which hex totem is which if they have more than one hex
- Make it so survivors get put into the injured state after cleansing a hex totem
- Allow killers to see the auras of survivors for 5/10 seconds after they have cleansed a hex totem.
- Allow killers to place their own hex totems at the start of the game so they can place them accordingly (This might not actually work but it's an idea which could be tried in a PTB)
Exit gates:
- Put skill checks on exit gates and if the survivor misses a skill check then the get drops back to the beginning (If they miss a skill check the next time the gate lever is powered and succeeded a built in bloodwarden occurs for 25/30 seconds as a minor punishment ( Add a perk in which allows survivors to remove skill checks)
- If a survivor comes off of the exit gate lever for example when they see the killer coming straight for them drop the exit gate progress bar to the start.
- Put one or two hard skill checks on the exit gates without progress penalties if they miss them but give the killer a notification which occurs with the gen skill check misses
- Put skill checks on hex totems and if they miss a skill check they start again.
- Give killers a built in Thrill of the hunt
- Allow killers to know which hex totem is which if they have more than one hex
- Make it so survivors get put into the injured state after cleansing a hex totem
- Allow killers to see the auras of survivors for 5/10 seconds after they have cleansed a hex totem.
- Allow killers to place their own hex totems at the start of the game so they can place them accordingly (This might not actually work but it's an idea which could be tried in a PTB)
Exit gates:
- Put skill checks on exit gates and if the survivor misses a skill check then the get drops back to the beginning (If they miss a skill check the next time the gate lever is powered and succeeded a built in bloodwarden occurs for 25/30 seconds as a minor punishment ( Add a perk in which allows survivors to remove skill checks)
- If a survivor comes off of the exit gate lever for example when they see the killer coming straight for them drop the exit gate progress bar to the start.
- Put one or two hard skill checks on the exit gates without progress penalties if they miss them but give the killer a notification which occurs with the gen skill check misses
Comments
I like most Hex stuff cause they're always super weak in that way.
But i've seen that last Hex suggestion before and i dislike it heavily.
Any Hex Perks that you want to hide from Survivors will now not be secret at all, cause you're busy setting the Totems while they gotta wait for you to finish that, signaling you have a Hex Perk.
I also believe they might be too buffed with all of that together, but i'd have to see that.
As for Exit Gates, Skill Checks on those is silly.
With Hex Totems, you're messing around with curses, it's why you don't just kick them over.
But this is just holding down a lever.
this is so ridiculously killer sided that its hilarious.
maybe one or two of the smaller changes but all of these together... no. Absolutely not.
Survivors have had it bad enough recently, how about cutting them a little break?
The escape rate is under 50%, at what point ks the game "balanced"? When it's under 30%? Survivors need to enjoy the game too.
Hexes weren't designed to last all game. In fact they weren't designed for standard killers at all. I only take Ruin on hag because she can defend it and mostly it's to buy her time to lay some traps and to compensate for her slow speed at crossing the map to check gens.
OP must be really bad at this game if needs all that stuff to do well indeed.
and the fact that you state you were intentionally trying to see how much salt you could get makes it hard to take any of this post seriously.
The_Crusader said: And are you having a laugh survivors are loved the most killers get screwed constantly by various perks. I heard that they are making massive buffs to Borrowed time and how much is this going to screw the killer over. This seems to be survivor sided. I play both killer and survivor and survivors don't really have it that bad considering I still manage to screw killers over.
pat yourself on the back a little more and see if maybe you could one day be productive instead of a living/breathing meme?
Now hey, living memes are awesome asf.
Wait do you want all these suggestions to be applied at once or just one of them? Like just imagine all of these changes happening, that would be horrendous. There'd be no reason to not run Hex Perks at all anymore. Even just some of these suggestions alone are too much though. Survivors shouldn't get injured for cleansing a totem, punishing them for helping their team.
Exit Gates are fine in my opinion. The only change to Hex Perks I'd like to see is maybe have Hex Perks be active within like the first three minutes of the trial whether the associated Hex Totem has been destroyed or not so they can't just be removed immediately, and then after the three minutes if the totem is destroyed, the Hex Perk loses it's effect. Just so you don't risk going into a game with only three perks since one of the Hex Totems gets cleansed right at the beginning.
xD
and sorry, but I have WAY more fun when I play killer than I do playing survivor.
rank 10 killer
and 13 survivor
I play casual/friendly as a killer and can say with confidence that when I take things seriously I get 3-4k easy. (most of the time)
but survivor? I played for 3hours today to do rituals and I got tunnelled into the ground, camped, dc's, and lagged all over the place
... only surviving maybe 3 out of 12 rounds.
granted I'm not great at survivor, but thats because I'm not great at the stuff killer mains complain about. flashlights and looping aren't my strong suit... and if I was good at them? then that would warrant killers to complain even more.
there's no winning for either side.
If you're going to be purposely toxic and troll then I have no obligation to be nice to you. Nobody does for that matter. You're quite literally a huge reason why this game's community sucks. You likely complain about Survivors because you completely bomb as a Killer. It's not their fault you can't play without being toxic or asking for advantages.
Shut up and get good!
Killer on the other hand is pretty ok now. Go look at some videos on DBD from last year, the pallets are waaaay better now. It's shocking just how much its changed.
The only thing killers need now is DS removed, or at least limited to the obsession only.
Seriously it reads like you came up with some silly ideas, people called you out on it and now you're trying to backpeddle so you don't look like an idiot. It's not working.
Thank you to the community members that didn't give horrible comments to me regardless of the nature of the post but gave me changes or gave me there honest opinions of how it could have been thought through better.
Survivor is all camping, tunneling and lag now. I'll forgive the lag because they might not be able to help it but the camping and tunneling is out of control. I played the game for hours earlier. Kept having to switch to killer because survivor was unbearable due to camping. Not even joking 95% of games was facecamping. So I'm done with it. Not touching survivof until there are some massive changes. Won't be spending anymore money on the game either until I can play both sides of it. Legion being a dud makes it easy to skip the next dlc. Killers cry about how toxic survivors are but really look at them. They make it unbearable for survivors.
Meanwhile I'm ok with killer mostly minus DS. Once you're good you can't really get bullied in the way you can as a survivor. Sucks that some killers aren't viable in high ranks but if you use a good one it's ok.
Well that's not really fair. And I'm pretty sure it's not just survivor mains that are saying this is way too much. I mean sure sadly there are people who get way to upset about a post like this, but just ignore the provocation and try to evaluate the general opinion on your suggested changes.
Sure there are some survivor mains that want to keep the survivor role as easy as possible, one has been banned mutliple times now, but most people just want a balanced game, nothing more. We've seen a lot of killer buffs lately and while the game still needs more, especially for the weaker killers, the devs need to improve the experience of survivors now too, and not just nerf them and buff killers.
To be fair, some people just got immediately offensive on this thread, including you. I mean I disagree with his changes as much as everybody else, but seriously why do people need to get so upset because of a post like this about changes to a video game? I mean a video game. Nothing has happened, this post did no harm. Getting so offensive over something like that seems just so ridiculous. Like just tell him normally that you think his suggestions are awful.
Although I hadn't read his second post yet which admittedly is a bit ridiculous as well.