Suggestion: I thought of a way they could get people choosing new perks

Why don't they do a challenge list where every single perk in the game has a challenge where you have to take a certain perk & use it successfully to earn 50k bps for each one and also certain full builds for 100k bps each season. That would get people changing their perks up? 🤔

It should refresh every season/chapter to keep it going but it would get people using perks and builds out of their comfort zones. I think it should be able to be selected with a rift challenge at the same time though so people who don't have much time to play in their daily lives don't have to worry about not having time to do both sets of challenges.

Comments

  • Or, the dev needs to actually change perks properly instead of knee jerk nerfing Solo players into the ground instead of at least attempting to balance them around SWFs with asinine perk changes outside of DS and DH.

    Currently, a lot of challenges already lead to people to throwing the game because they're looking for a glyph instead of doing gens or looking for a hex.

  • @ihateboons said:

    Or, the dev needs to actually change perks properly instead of knee jerk nerfing Solo players into the ground instead of at least attempting to balance them around SWFs with asinine perk changes outside of DS and DH.

    Currently, a lot of challenges already lead to people to throwing the game because they're looking for a glyph instead of doing gens or looking for a hex.

    The glyph thing is supposed to be done through normal gameplay it's not something you HAVE to go out of your way to get, you're supposed to play normally and come across it but with bps challenges, I don't think they would do that as much because it's not like the rift where you have to get it done in a certain amount of time or you don't get the cosmetic rewards, this is simply to get bps and all they're required to do is use a perk which is what you're supposed to do anyway.

  • @SarahnatorX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3033648#Comment_3033648

    The glyph thing is supposed to be done through normal gameplay it's not something you HAVE to go out of your way to get, you're supposed to play normally and come across it but with bps challenges, I don't think they would do that as much because it's not like the rift where you have to get it done in a certain amount of time or you don't get the cosmetic rewards, this is simply to get bps and all they're required to do is use a perk which is what you're supposed to do anyway.

    There's no reason to outside of this BP. It won't change the QOL that DBD has been in dire need of for literally years. Instead they made a 3 man snuff film out of BBQ, WGLF and SC. Perks are so niche, just some BP isn't going to make people change their builds. Maybe just for that specific challenge. But once its done they will just revert.

    Majority of perks have no synergy with each other. There's a few combos but that's it. And they're being nerfed(ie: DMS/Pain Res) to make way to make other perks get pushed at the front of the line.. but are typically not worth taking or using outside of memes. I'm also speaking from a solo player POV. Everyone elses answer is to "get a SWF"... See where this is going? Killers shouldn't want more SWFs, but this is the road they chose.

    I agree. Glyphs are supposed to be done through normal gameplay. But I've had to go out of my way to get them in 99% of cases. The green glyphs for the event challenge did not light up, ever, when the Exit Gates were powered/Opened/EGC Initiated like it says so in the flavor text.

    All in All, BHVR needs to do better with perk reworks so we have a viable reason, instead of "do this for BP". Instead, what they've done now to the solo community is just a spit in the face of a lot of players. Their logic was to try and take power away from SWFs and give it back to the killer. Instead, made them extremely oppressive unless you have comms.

    But who do I feel the worst for? Killers. Because the last time BHVR gave survivors the finger with major killer buffs, it caused a large part of the survivor pbase to quit, leading to hour+ queue times.

  • Disagree, I think people would deffo select the challenges for bps, people actually want to progress on the bloodweb that's the whole point and 50k per perk adds up to a whole lot of progressing through bloodwebs.

    The green glyphs literally make a loud enough noise when you're close to them and are extremely easy to find I'm not sure how you can have trouble with green glyphs that's bizarre imo not to mention you can get multiple in one match.. Finding a hex totem is harder and even that's not a challenge to find unless you have a map or perk to find them to make it super easy.

    I don't like that they've changed like 40 perks either I agree with that. I think they should have only changed like 4 to 6 of the overused ones and added some perk challenges if they needed to. All these changes are going to do is have a new meta and repeat itself again, I'm not sure what BHVR are thinking but I just don't see the need to shake up the game as badly as they have I really do not find having to learn 40 perks all over again fun or interesting. The biggest problem in the game is SBMM but for some reason changing 40 perks that are mostly fine as they were more important apparently..🤷