The changes to Ruin and DS are still not good enough.

The new Ruin now deactivates after a survivor dies. I believe this is enough of a reason that it shouldn't even be a Hex anymore. With the nerf to its regression speed, it really shouldn't even be a perk and should be a core part of the game. Killer does well and applies pressure? Yay, they get rewarded by automatic gen regression at a more reasonable rate. This will help alleviate some of the "gen rush" complaints we constantly see. If you need a new perk idea for Hag, just make NOED one of her perks.

It's actually ridiculous that DS has been nerfed yet once again. The latest nerf that deactivated it when the survivor interacts with any objective was all it needed. It really just needed to be buffed to activate twice in a match. Sure, it won't remove tunneling, heck, perhaps it may encourage more tunneling, but at least it would give survivors a chance to waste more of the killers time or at least get away. I understand wanting to shake up the meta, but nerfing it to the point of uselessness is not the solution. I'd go so far as to say it too should also be made a part of the core game.

I know that it's a slippery slope asking for perks to be made base kit but these two changes alone would have made solo queue and playing weaker killers a lot more entertaining for both side and isn't that the goal of playing a game, entertainment, not frustration?

P.S. Maps really need to be looked at and balanced better.

Finally, a lovely picture of one of my fluffy babies that has nothing to do with the subject. I just like showing them off:

BLU.jpg


Comments

  • I'm not sure how I feel about the reduction in stun time, but taking away DS's ability to be used during the end game was 100% warranted IMO.

  • Honestly at this point, if ruin is going to be only 100% (which is the base regression speed for killers, which is complete garbage btw.) it shouldn't be either a hex and it shouldn't go away for killing anyone. That's how bad it is.


    100% is literally nothing. It takes 40 seconds to remove just 10 seconds of progress for survivors. It's a literal joke.

  • The DS stun reduction is concerning especially since facecamping effectively got buffed. I’m fine with it not working in endgame though.

    As for Ruin, yeah, it’s dead. 100% for a hex that already tends to not last very long is a joke.

  • I don't agree with the stun time reduction. The deactivation after gates are powered is already a massive blow to the perk's worth. 3s just makes it useless.

  • I think the stun reduction was a bit much but 5 felt harsh so maybe they will settle with 4 sec? As for the endgame part that was completely justified. Also the Ruin change is really bad cause there is literally no reason to run it.