BP Offerings and the Math behind them
With the upcoming changes a lot of things will get adjusted, including the grind. I'm very happy about that, but there is one little thing that still bothers me: BP offerings and the math behind them.
Besides the offerings that reward players with a set percentage of their total BP earned in a game, right now we have 3 offerings in different rarities for every single category, that don't really do anything meaningful. Let's do some quick math: A player pays 3,000 BP for one brown offering (for example the Raven Wreath). Let them use it and then get the maximum amount of BP, which is 8,000 BP, in that offering's category (which would be the Deviousness category). That means that they are now rewarded 4,000 additional BP (50%), which honestly is not too great. But because they had to buy the offering in the first place they now get effectively 1,000 BP for a perfect game in said category. That is underwhelming.
Following through with the calculations you can get a maximum gain of:
1,000 BP for a brown offering
2000 BP for a yellow one
3000 BP for a green one.
I know that these offerings were adjusted already in the game's early days but still the payoff is so abysmally small that no one really bothers even equipping them anyway. Even ignoring the fact, that players need to almost max out on the category to gain addtional BP, that is unimpressive.
Going further, let's see how much these addons actually impact the grind. On the one hand we are able to get some extra BP to help us getting through bloodwebs quicker, unlocking perks and also buy items, addons and other offerings. On the other hand these offerings make up a lot of our bloodwebs in the first place and because their own impact is so insignificant compared to the players's performances in the game you almost always get multiple of these offerings for every match that you play regardless of your priorities in the bloodbweb. That results in players building stacks of offerings they will never use because, again, their effect is so insignificant. That means, if these offerings didn't exist at all, the grind would be smaller, which kinda defies their purpose, no?
I'm not saying these offerings should all just give 100% bonus BP but I think some changes are in order. For that reason I have two suggestions:
1) Rework these offerings in a way that gives all five players in a match that bonus in their best category and remove 6 of these 8 offerings in each rarity so that survivors and killers each have exactly one of their 4 original offerings.
2) Tweak the numbers and add an additional 50% bonus to each (which is a maximum of 4,000 BP) offering while also decreasing their prevalence in the bloodwebs.
What are your ideas on what to do with these offerings, that barely do anything?
Comments
I agree actually, I wish their cost was tweaked more and increased especially the green ones because most of the time they aren't even worth it.
I was always unsure why we had offerings like 100% more points into survival or stuff like that when there are other offerings that way outclass those so I do hope they eventually make them more worthwhile at the very least.
Also, I have to mention when I saw your thread I was like wow this guy really likes BP offerings and the math behind them..
Don't know if it was an error or a bug on the forums, but definitely made me laugh.
I tried posting it but for whatever reason it wouldn't work. Now it worked a bit too well ๐