What are you meant to do with the killer and survivor work together?

I had a game. Hag hooks david, I rescue, She hooks again, then camps him out of the game.

She chases a jake and he makes the mistake of running next to the basement. He gets camped out of the game because nobody can get near him. Also all the gens were close together, and he went down next to the last gen so I couldn't finish it.

Now there's me and a meg stuck trying to hide. Meg goes down but hag doesn't hook her. I heal her up, she runs off. Goes down a short while later, killer picks her up and they decide to work together to run around trying to find me to kill me. Why I don't know, I did nothing wrong, did gens, got the 1 unhook our team had, and healed meg rather than leading her to bleed out.

But there was 5 mins of killer and survivor running around trying to find me. I disconnect because it was absolutely pointless and toxic at that point. I lost points, pips and all that time in the game wasted but there was no point doing anything else. They said post game chat they were going for their daily.

So I'm curious what the actual correct response to this is? to just let the killer hook you? there's nothing you can do when a killer and a survivor make a pact and team up against you. What a cancerous community.

I know Behaviour thinks its ok to try and alert the killer to your prescence so they can live, but a pact between survivor and killer?

I'm going to assume they'll take their usual responce of "anything goes", and that I'm somehow the bad guy for disconnecting from a ######### game I had no chance of being able to do anything in.

Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • Not long ago a wraith sent me a pm telling me "give me that claudette and i'll let you live". Ofc i didn't buy it, but he let me wiggle out expecting me to take him to her, claudette popped the last gen, my adrenaline triggered and we both escaped.
  • Record it and report it.

  • Orion said:

    Record it and report it.

    I did report it.

    Can't believe im gonna have to record every game just in case it happens since its so common lmfao

    This is hands down the worst community I've ever comr across. The first one where I had to make my steam profile private too.
  • I'm interested how loosely they interpret "working together" as well. I mean I was on trapper and a random feng kept pointing at bill. I hooked them both but when they got rescued and I had to pick one I decided on bill since I figured if she was doing that it was probably for a good reason, I would've just been picking one randomly after all. In after game chat I decided to throw feng to the exit gate and let her live because honestly I just found her pretty funny with her goofing around. Now the bill and another accused me of working together with the random feng I didn't know and reported me for it.

    Now is this really reportable? She was a random person I didn't know that was acting goofy and I decided to have fun playing along. I feel like the real "working together" is more referring to people that actually know each other and plan it out to have an advantage in games and screw everyone over.

    (Real reason I find out in after game chat for her pointing at him was that he was spamming racial slurs at them all randomly before the game started)

    @Peanits Is this actually something I can get banned for randomly doing? I did not think so but I won't if it is and happens to show up again.

  • @Blueberry said:
    I'm interested how loosely they interpret "working together" as well. I mean I was on trapper and a random feng kept pointing at bill. I hooked them both but when they got rescued and I had to pick one I decided on bill since I figured if she was doing that it was probably for a good reason, I would've just been picking one randomly after all. In after game chat I decided to throw feng to the exit gate and let her live because honestly I just found her pretty funny with her goofing around. Now the bill and another accused me of working together with the random feng I didn't know and reported me for it.

    Now is this really reportable? She was a random person I didn't know that was acting goofy and I decided to have fun playing along. I feel like the real "working together" is more referring to people that actually know each other and plan it out to have an advantage in games and screw everyone over.

    (Real reason I find out in after game chat for her pointing at him was that he was spamming racial slurs at them all randomly before the game started)

    @Peanits Is this actually something I can get banned for randomly doing? I did not think so but I won't if it is and happens to show up again.

    If you hooked them both like that, I'd be more inclined to think that you're not working together. When you then go for the Bill instead of the Feng and give Feng a free escape, that's where it starts to get messy. Although we can see pre-game chat as well as post-game chat, so we'd probably notice what they said anyway.

    We basically review everything case by case. If we have doubts, we're not going to ban you. But if it's clear you're working together, we'd probably let it slide. Of course if you get reported for doing that a bunch, that's a different story.

    Getting back to the OP, yes, it is reportable. Killers are not allowed to work with the survivors to kill someone else. If you see it, be sure to report it in-game and if you manage to grab a video of it, you can send a ticket to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us under "Additional Player Report Information".

    You don't have to record every match, we don't expect you to. But you may already have something that can retroactively record something in case something happens. Depending on your graphics card, you might have Shadowplay or Relive. Windows 10 also comes with a recorder built in that you can access by pressing Windows + G. There's a couple other options out there as well if you don't have any of those. If you're on console, you'll also have a similar feature built in. Basically they're always recording and deleting the footage you don't end up using, but if you see something you want to record, you just press a button and it'll save the last X minutes.

  • Record your gameplay!

  • Ok it happened again. Same person as earlier except they were using Myers this time.

    I did gens. All 3 were hooked at one point and i ran around and unhooked 2 while one of them unhooked the third. Saved them so many times, did gens, and at the end the killer lets the last Feng go and gets her to run around pointing out my location.

    struggled to take screenshots cus i kept pressing the wrong button :(

    Here she is just stopping the "come here" animation to Myers

    Pressed PrtSc instead of f12 accidentally so missed her doing the point animation to my location

    Now here you can see he's come from behind the hay, meaning hes walked right past her because he doesnt care

    Tried to run back to get them both in same SS. He ignores her and comes around the hook for me.

    in some of them she has just stopped the "come here" animation to Myers. Missed the part where she was pointing at me cus i pressed prtsc instead of F12.

    Now I have to change my steam name due to ingame harassment. HOW ABOUT YOU ######### HIDE SURVIVOR NAMES FROM LOBBIES? is this going to be the first game I've ever played where I have to record every ######### game because your community is so toxic? it's like ######### russia where everyone needs a dash cam.

    What an abomination of a community.

    Oh and another disconnect from me. Yay for the stupid ######### depip penalty. Don't stay in the game and get harassed = lose 2 pips. What a ######### ridiculous idea.

  • Peanits said:

    @Blueberry said:
    I'm interested how loosely they interpret "working together" as well. I mean I was on trapper and a random feng kept pointing at bill. I hooked them both but when they got rescued and I had to pick one I decided on bill since I figured if she was doing that it was probably for a good reason, I would've just been picking one randomly after all. In after game chat I decided to throw feng to the exit gate and let her live because honestly I just found her pretty funny with her goofing around. Now the bill and another accused me of working together with the random feng I didn't know and reported me for it.

    Now is this really reportable? She was a random person I didn't know that was acting goofy and I decided to have fun playing along. I feel like the real "working together" is more referring to people that actually know each other and plan it out to have an advantage in games and screw everyone over.

    (Real reason I find out in after game chat for her pointing at him was that he was spamming racial slurs at them all randomly before the game started)

    @Peanits Is this actually something I can get banned for randomly doing? I did not think so but I won't if it is and happens to show up again.

    If you hooked them both like that, I'd be more inclined to think that you're not working together. When you then go for the Bill instead of the Feng and give Feng a free escape, that's where it starts to get messy. Although we can see pre-game chat as well as post-game chat, so we'd probably notice what they said anyway.

    We basically review everything case by case. If we have doubts, we're not going to ban you. But if it's clear you're working together, we'd probably let it slide. Of course if you get reported for doing that a bunch, that's a different story.

    Getting back to the OP, yes, it is reportable. Killers are not allowed to work with the survivors to kill someone else. If you see it, be sure to report it in-game and if you manage to grab a video of it, you can send a ticket to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us under "Additional Player Report Information".

    You don't have to record every match, we don't expect you to. But you may already have something that can retroactively record something in case something happens. Depending on your graphics card, you might have Shadowplay or Relive. Windows 10 also comes with a recorder built in that you can access by pressing Windows + G. There's a couple other options out there as well if you don't have any of those. If you're on console, you'll also have a similar feature built in. Basically they're always recording and deleting the footage you don't end up using, but if you see something you want to record, you just press a button and it'll save the last X minutes.

    Wait a second..
    As a Killer I have often the situation where 2 survivors are alive and one is doing gens while the other is hatch camping. I always try to kill the hatch camper and reward the gen worker for trying with the hatch escape instead. I hate hatch campers so much. So that's reportable aswell now? I thought as a Killer I have the complete power role and can completely decide by my own who dies and who escapes if I have the decision 
  • Peanits said:

    @Blueberry said:
    I'm interested how loosely they interpret "working together" as well. I mean I was on trapper and a random feng kept pointing at bill. I hooked them both but when they got rescued and I had to pick one I decided on bill since I figured if she was doing that it was probably for a good reason, I would've just been picking one randomly after all. In after game chat I decided to throw feng to the exit gate and let her live because honestly I just found her pretty funny with her goofing around. Now the bill and another accused me of working together with the random feng I didn't know and reported me for it.

    Now is this really reportable? She was a random person I didn't know that was acting goofy and I decided to have fun playing along. I feel like the real "working together" is more referring to people that actually know each other and plan it out to have an advantage in games and screw everyone over.

    (Real reason I find out in after game chat for her pointing at him was that he was spamming racial slurs at them all randomly before the game started)

    @Peanits Is this actually something I can get banned for randomly doing? I did not think so but I won't if it is and happens to show up again.

    If you hooked them both like that, I'd be more inclined to think that you're not working together. When you then go for the Bill instead of the Feng and give Feng a free escape, that's where it starts to get messy. Although we can see pre-game chat as well as post-game chat, so we'd probably notice what they said anyway.

    We basically review everything case by case. If we have doubts, we're not going to ban you. But if it's clear you're working together, we'd probably let it slide. Of course if you get reported for doing that a bunch, that's a different story.

    Getting back to the OP, yes, it is reportable. Killers are not allowed to work with the survivors to kill someone else. If you see it, be sure to report it in-game and if you manage to grab a video of it, you can send a ticket to https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us under "Additional Player Report Information".

    You don't have to record every match, we don't expect you to. But you may already have something that can retroactively record something in case something happens. Depending on your graphics card, you might have Shadowplay or Relive. Windows 10 also comes with a recorder built in that you can access by pressing Windows + G. There's a couple other options out there as well if you don't have any of those. If you're on console, you'll also have a similar feature built in. Basically they're always recording and deleting the footage you don't end up using, but if you see something you want to record, you just press a button and it'll save the last X minutes.

    Wait a second..
    As a Killer I have often the situation where 2 survivors are alive and one is doing gens while the other is hatch camping. I always try to kill the hatch camper and reward the gen worker for trying with the hatch escape instead. I hate hatch campers so much. So that's reportable aswell now? I thought as a Killer I have the complete power role and can completely decide by my own who dies and who escapes if I have the decision 
    I was doing gens and unhooking people. I only stopped when it was obvious they were working together.

    He picked her up, let her wiggle out, and she never got hit. Pretty obvious whats happening at that point. Plus with Bond I could see her doing the point and beckon animations to him.

    Some survivors will work with the killer though if it means they get to escape.

    But its meant to be survivors vs killers not survivors vs survivors AND killers.