QOL Improvements you’d like to see.
Either Add-ons or Power changes you’d like. Or just improvements in general.
Either Add-ons or Power changes you’d like. Or just improvements in general.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
1) A dressing room for the cosmetic store
2) Sadako buff (lord help her)
3) Better tally screen visuals. I'd rather have the screen show the character portraits than the upcoming prestige levels
There's zero good reason why killers don't get the exact same hook-state interface as survivors. They're the ones who did the hooking in the first place. All the current version does it punish forgetful players for no reason.
Better map design
1) Biggest one is a search bar for perks now for me. I have discovered since I played DBD that I don't know the alphabet order at all. I've sung the 'ABC' song multiple times over the past 6 years.
2) Solo Queue buffs - They've mentioned they're in the early stages of doing some solo queue information back in January, so I know it's part of BHVR's intentions. Just some indicators of what survivors are doing, some indicator of, "I'm going for the save", etc. Just stuff to bring solo queue closer to the SWF experience.
3) This is like a 'dream' feature that I know is incredibly unlikely to happen and I'm not expecting BHVR to do it since there's far higher priority things, but a way for you to store a cosmetic per realm that automatically applies if you go there. I quite like themeing my survivors, and it'd be even nicer if I could theme them around the realm they're in. Wear some winter clothes for Ormond, wear some more urban clothes for RPD, etc.
did the killer get you again?
Accessibility settings:
Darkness Revealed shows the aura of the nearest locker while off cooldown
1. More accessibility options and for them to work with a group that specializes in accessibility in video games to make sure they don't miss anything in current game or future game content.
2. Solo q buffs like the survivor info icons they mentioned way back
3. Better end game screen. Instead of prestige levels show the character portrait. Maybe show what emblems everyone received, think that's more interesting than BP scores.
4. Personal stats page. Be nice to see what killers I go against the most often, how often I escape, etc.
5. Remove end game chat - it's unnecessary and just breeds toxicity. They keep implementing things to have players move onto the next match quicker, not having an end game chat will help move people along.
6. Have 3 dailies each for survivors and killers instead of the current random mixed selection. Also add weekly challenges that are random perk load outs with the only requirement being you use all 4 perks and don't DC. Something like "play 5 matches using premonition, hope, small game, and kindred."
1: Dailies - one for survivor and killer daily would be nice.
2: solo q buffs like - icons by survivor portraits to know what they’re doing(in chase, on a gen etc) a ping system.
3: Disincentives for camping/hard tunneling/slugging - example, if you camp and 1 hook a survivor… all points gained transfer to sacrificed to survivor. Slug x amount of secs a person gets unhooker their ds timer is paused.
4: accessing the store during lobby/queue times
I am the killer.
please I need survivor and generator auras to be a different color
Some maps are terrible for Killer as well. I once tried playing Blight in an indoor map. Then I tried eating live bees. The bees were less painful.
FOV slider and a toggle for visual screen effects.
Off the top of my head
Quieter chase music, louder survivor breathing, louder footsteps, and louder grunts of pain, so it's easier for killers to hear important sounds.
The ability for survivors to see their teammate's perks in the lobby.
Control the camera and place it anywhere while spectating custom matches.
random spectating mode for random matches
I just want an easier way to change resolution and frame rate without editing settings files or changing properties settings. Constantly having to change my resolution and windows scaling just for this game gets annoying.
. Old atmosphere.
. Buffs for Billy, Freddy and Deathslinger.
. Basekit Kindred for solo survivors.
. More perk changes.
One thing I'd really like is an ability to sort survivors / killers by name or level when choosing them. I pretty much have my mains chosen, and my sense of neatness is offended when the menu goes 50 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 50. :-)
I felt so happy to get a row of 50’s
Better character customization. I want more options and more individual cosmetics that aren’t linked to others.
One of my favorite parts of any game is to play dress up with my character and give them a touch of “me” in their wardrobe, so I’d like new cosmetic slots that will let me pick out shoes, gloves, shirts, jackets, hats, hair, make up, glasses, pants, scarves/cloaks, and whatnot. I’d like them to overhaul all cosmetics so we can better mix and match.
More maps with interactive elements. I want to be able to sit at a desk in a classroom on Midwich, lay down on a bed on the Doctors map (it’s on the top of my tongue but I can’t remember it’s name), ride Maurice and more things other than just run around.
An Unranked mode... for newer players and players whom want to try something different
A different variation of prestige (I can't explain it all in text but something like COD)
For Survivors to see each others perks... by highlighting them brings up perks, items and addons
A better color palate (for auras) without using colorblind options
Further perk changes... they aren't done yet
Allow a dead Survivor to spectate in a free camera mode... if they so desire
Better Map design... would be best to hand design them and apply further changes to the algorithm
I think that about covers it all
I'd love it if you could see what perks the other survivors are running before the game starts. For example it would be useful to know if someone has unbreakable so you can make the call to not go for them, lest you lead the killer to the location they crawled to.
Personally I think there should be more info available pre- or mid-match about how a killer's power works. As a new player I often lose simply because a newer killer is really complex and I don't know hardly anything about just their base kit.
Deathslinger is in need of a minor buff or major rework imo. I don't have anything else to say on that in this post.
The ability to pick a killer you would prefer to match with when queuing up. Nothing that would keep you waiting forever to get into a game with a killer no one plays but something that lets you at least get a higher chance of being queued with said killer if a killer of similar skill based matchmaking score exists in the queue at the time. Might be too hard to do and I suppose could be abused to have friends get in a match together as both sides to farm. Or be used to target and bully weaker killers. Might not be a good idea but I'd sure like it since there's plenty of killers I've just never faced and probably never will.
Another way to earn Iri shards please? Maybe in future tomes some challenges can give you like 100. Or put a few in the free section of rifts. Stuff like that.
Steam Deck support.
Optional wide stylized crosshair for Huntress, Trickster and Deathslinger. People can just overlay ones anyway so might as well. Just have it disabled by default. Possibly a flashlight crosshair as well.
Killer add-ons should not be consumed if no survivor escaped.
New gamemodes PLEASE. Just like 2 other ones. I dunno exactly what they would be but come on...
Most of these probably don't count as "Quality of Life", they're just things I want. Sorry for straying a bit from the premise there.
I honestly just want a bit of consideration for older or old fashioned players.
Now, I know, I know... This is a "me" thing, and not something with the game itself, because I have an undying passion for old DBD.
But...
A little bit of consideration for those who prefer the old ways could be nice.
A little bit would be FAR better than nothing.