Can anyone give me tips on my killer gameplay

Yes it’s me again asking people for help on how to improve as killer. Last time I made a thread like this I was playing with demogorgon. Now I want some help on how to improve has pyramid head!

https://youtu.be/LnFswypISI0

If anyone can give me some tips on what to do better I would really appreciate it!

Comments

  • Hey

    I want to start by saying two things:

    You played very well overall, you maintained a constant pressure throughout the majority of the match and punished the survivors for grouping up/being too altruistic. Overall this team really lived and died by altruism and it really shows. Not to mention you had a good 3 gen locked down and kept the survivors there for 80% of the game.


    That being said, here are some tips/things I noticed:

    • Ditch STBFL on PH, judging from your playstyle - you're better off with an information perk that'll help you keep track of everyone throughout the match. I'd recommend Floods of rage if you have it, alternatively Plaything would also fit right in. STBFL also falls off the better you get with PH bc hitting people with judgement is better
    • You respected Nea's DS even though you were at 4 gens + could've forced torment onto her. Put a trail infront of the locker then eat the DS. (That's what I would've done anyway) - You decided to chase Cheryl who hadn't been hooked once which could've backfired. Thankfully it didn't!
    • You caged Cheryl instead of hooking her on your side of the map, you sent her to safety and she got a full reset off shortly after. Not a bad play but again could have backfired if the game state were more in the survivors favour.
    • You swung at Kate when you saw her use DH earlier, leading you to eating a stun. No biggie but worth keeping in mind.
  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    Yes it’s me again asking people for help on how to improve as killer. Last time I made a thread like this I was playing with demogorgon. Now I want some help on how to improve has pyramid head!

    https://youtu.be/LnFswypISI0

    If anyone can give me some tips on what to do better I would really appreciate it!

    Best way to get tips? Show gameplay of you losing. You won this match, so there's less to learn. You learn more from losing.

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330732/can-anyone-give-me-tips-on-my-killer-gameplay

    Best way to get tips? Show gameplay of you losing. You won this match, so there's less to learn. You learn more from losing.

    You can still make a ton of mistakes and win sometimes tbf

    I've had games like that

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Hey

    I want to start by saying two things:

    You played very well overall, you maintained a constant pressure throughout the majority of the match and punished the survivors for grouping up/being too altruistic. Overall this team really lived and died by altruism and it really shows. Not to mention you had a good 3 gen locked down and kept the survivors there for 80% of the game.

    That being said, here are some tips/things I noticed:

    • Ditch STBFL on PH, judging from your playstyle - you're better off with an information perk that'll help you keep track of everyone throughout the match. I'd recommend Floods of rage if you have it, alternatively Plaything would also fit right in. STBFL also falls off the better you get with PH bc hitting people with judgement is better
    • You respected Nea's DS even though you were at 4 gens + could've forced torment onto her. Put a trail infront of the locker then eat the DS. (That's what I would've done anyway) - You decided to chase Cheryl who hadn't been hooked once which could've backfired. Thankfully it didn't!
    • You caged Cheryl instead of hooking her on your side of the map, you sent her to safety and she got a full reset off shortly after. Not a bad play but again could have backfired if the game state were more in the survivors favour.
    • You swung at Kate when you saw her use DH earlier, leading you to eating a stun. No biggie but worth keeping in mind.

    Yeah I was only using stbfl because I thought I looked cool😂 I might swap it for I’m all ears. The nea was giving me trouble at the main building and idk how to loop that honestly. And I didn’t think about putting the trail by the locker and forcing her out thats a good idea

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/330732/can-anyone-give-me-tips-on-my-killer-gameplay

    Best way to get tips? Show gameplay of you losing. You won this match, so there's less to learn. You learn more from losing.

    True but I made a lot of mistakes in this game as well. I should put some of me losing tho

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024186#Comment_3024186

    Yeah I was only using stbfl because I thought I looked cool😂 I might swap it for I’m all ears. The nea was giving me trouble at the main building and idk how to loop that honestly. And I didn’t think about putting the trail by the locker and forcing her out thats a good idea

    I'm all ears is a perfect PH perk, very underrated

    Cooldowns annoying sometimes but still worth using!

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024198#Comment_3024198

    I'm all ears is a perfect PH perk, very underrated

    Cooldowns annoying sometimes but still worth using!

    Leveling up my ghostface for im all ears as we speak😂

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024190#Comment_3024190

    You can still make a ton of mistakes and win sometimes tbf

    I've had games like that

    Oh no doubt, but it's still definitely better to look at a game and think "What could I have done to prevent 3-4 people escaping?" instead of "What mistakes did I make, while I still won the game?" There's things to learn in wins, but definitely better to look at a losing game.

  • As others told, I'm all ears is great on this one, and foods of rage is also an interesting proposition for the same reasons.

    I'm not goodboykaru, but I actually main PyH and one particular build I found it's very strong, fun and caughts lots of players off guard is a hex defense build. Basically you stack both trail duration addons with plaything, pentimento, thrill of the hunt and another strong hex such as ruin or devour.

    From the get go you trail both hexes and try and keep them so. Thrill gives you time to interrupt anyone going for purification and they'll be busy with the secondary objective the hexes add. You also get tons of easy torments on everyone.

    And when you start playthinging them, then it's when it gets fun. Abuse LoS and use punishment on them when they try cleansing since they won't realize until it's too late.

    Survivors tend to panic and generators become their secondary concern.

    I have actually forced SWFs to just try and brute force through the hexes, but it oftentimes fails or at the very least I take a couple of them with me. And against solos, it's just pure entropy

  • @HexPleaseLetMeSpeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024193#Comment_3024193

    Oh no doubt, but it's still definitely better to look at a game and think "What could I have done to prevent 3-4 people escaping?" instead of "What mistakes did I make, while I still won the game?" There's things to learn in wins, but definitely better to look at a losing game.

    Well this past game I had to tunnel a David out at 3 gens because it felt like I was gonna lose bad. Luckily I got a good cage spawn and as soon as David died his 3 friends dced lmao

  • @Chaos999 said:

    As others told, I'm all ears is great on this one, and foods of rage is also an interesting proposition for the same reasons.

    I'm not goodboykaru, but I actually main PyH and one particular build I found it's very strong, fun and caughts lots of players off guard is a hex defense build. Basically you stack both trail duration addons with plaything, pentimento, thrill of the hunt and another strong hex such as ruin or devour.

    From the get go you trail both hexes and try and keep them so. Thrill gives you time to interrupt anyone going for purification and they'll be busy with the secondary objective the hexes add. You also get tons of easy torments on everyone.

    And when you start playthinging them, then it's when it gets fun. Abuse LoS and use punishment on them when they try cleansing since they won't realize until it's too late.

    Survivors tend to panic and generators become their secondary concern.

    I have actually forced SWFs to just try and brute force through the hexes, but it oftentimes fails or at the very least I take a couple of them with me. And against solos, it's just pure entropy

    Hmm interesting I don’t have pentimento as my artist is level 1. I do have plaything however

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3024232#Comment_3024232

    Hmm interesting I don’t have pentimento as my artist is level 1. I do have plaything however

    You should try it. Is kind of evil xD.

  • I bet it is. I hate that I’m all ears as a long cool down😑