do we need to do something about enduring body blocking?

With bt getting base kit and off the record being absolutely ridiculous I feel like people body blocking with endurance is gonna be quite a pain to deal with.

Should survivors with endurance maybe lose collision or something?

Comments

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021599#Comment_3021599

    We don't know if new dead hard's endurance will be like mettle of man's

    We do tho. MoM does not grant endurance, it ignores a hit that would otherwise put u in the dying state. Thats why u dont have to mend afterwards.

    new dead hard grants endurance status effect for 1 sec. It says so in the description. Meaning u will have to mend after dead harding

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020852#Comment_3020852

    "2 stacks is enough with the changes tho"

    While also using a perk slot for STBFL, that's not an issue and not really different from what we currently have when people run the perk. Also basically only ran on m1 killers who are already weak in the meta to begin with.

    I would comment on the specific people you mention as there are flaws in it but that can be construed as naming and shaming which is against ToS here. As a general rule it's better to avoid ever mentioning people specifically by name.

    I probably have more hours in the game than you and all your friends combined..and then doubled a couple times. I don't like roasting on hours played but I can tell by the things you think that you are newer to the game and that's fine, but you have very aggressive opinions that will change after you get more hours into the game. You should be more open minded on things and less confrontational.

    in defense of the survivor, they're not doing generators if they're bodyblocking and by hitting them, they're basically exposing themselves to get tunneled. Also the killer can run stbfl and farm stacks because the survivor is decided to bodyblock, so the killer can also equip a perk to punish this behaviour.

    this is one of those changes that we need PTB to see how it plays out.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020894#Comment_3020894

    in defense of the survivor, they're not doing generators if they're bodyblocking and by hitting them, they're basically exposing themselves to get tunneled. Also the killer can run stbfl and farm stacks because the survivor is decided to bodyblock, so the killer can also equip a perk to punish this behaviour.

    this is one of those changes that we need PTB to see how it plays out.

    I guess I'm viewing this more from a swf perspective as that's most my games. So while yes that's one more off the gens, the objective times between the sides is already so ridiculously lopsided that they can afford to do it. Also if you're using stbfl you're probably on an m1 killer and if that's the case getting stbfl stacks isn't really gonna matter much anyway because you're probably getting destroyed since you're an m1 killer in the first place. (speaking in general, not you specifically)

    I agree a lot of this needs to be seen in PTB first.

  • @Viskod said:

    Learn to love Forced Penance.

    That perk is worthless during endgame while survivors are running off to the exit gate. It can't do a single thing against bodyblocking besides giving them a free burst of adrenaline after being hit.

  • I'm willing to wait and see what happens once the changes are active, but, yes I am also concerned about the endurance effects being used in a trolly way. It's also kind of funny that they nerfed DS, but then gave a bunch of perks you can stack to guarantee an escape if you get unhooked in EGC.

    But we'll see how it goes.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021729#Comment_3021729

    I guess I'm viewing this more from a swf perspective as that's most my games. So while yes that's one more off the gens, the objective times between the sides is already so ridiculously lopsided that they can afford to do it. Also if you're using stbfl you're probably on an m1 killer and if that's the case getting stbfl stacks isn't really gonna matter much anyway because you're probably getting destroyed since you're an m1 killer in the first place. (speaking in general, not you specifically)

    I agree a lot of this needs to be seen in PTB first.

    sure that is the case currently, but you have to remember that generator times have been increased from 80->90. fun fact, they used to be 60 seconds in very old days of DBD, so its been long time since a change like this has occurred. what of these extra 50 seconds is difference between winning and losing just because your teammate decided to clown around in bodyblocking the killer?

    personally, I think survivor are going to need to play better/more efficiently in comparison to pre-patch where you can throw yourself at killer because of how fast your objective was previously.

  • The bodyblocking with endurance doesn't need to be nerfed since most of the time the effect doesn't last very long. On the last instance you can use Forced Penance if it gets really annoying. It is a good perk tbh.

    But I agree that this new Off the Record will need massive changes. I feel like they mistyped or got confused when making the notes. I think that the Off the Record would be supposed to protect you from aura reading for 80 seconds instead of giving you endurance. It's not as OP and goes on the same purpose as the original perk.

  • +1 to The endurance effect should also make you lose collision.

  • OTR is going to be absolutely horrific in the endgame.

1 2 ›