New BT and Off the Record are OP

So by now we've all seen the dev update, and I can say most of these changes are incredibly welcome, so thanks BHVR! That said, with all positives comes their share of negatives, so let's get into the nitty-gritty of it.

A massive problem BT had for a long time was being used offensively rather than defensively. We all know that situation where someone gets unhooked right near a pallet, and while you want to go out of your way to not tunnel, the freshly unhooked guy just bodyblocks to force proc his BT so the rescuer can get away and they still get their speed boost on hit, forcing you to chase a guy who probably has DS anyway.

The new change to BT gives it way too much offensive potential with both increased duration AND a speed boost, so expect BT bodyblocking to become the norm. Off The Record will also pose a massive problem for the same reason in that the effect lasts 80 seconds. I understand you lose it if you touch a gen, heal, etc. but that doesn't cover the massive offensive potential that buff gives it.

Another minor gripe I have is that the Ruin nerf seems quite harsh. IMO it should either be 150% or simply not a hex. Locking it to base regression speed in conjunction with the auto-cleanse makes it outright useless, especially given the added incentives to kicking a gen now, like Call Of Brine and the Overcharge buff. I will absolutely agree in the new meta the current Ruin would be OP, but base regression speed is basically worthless.

As far as almost every other change goes, the dev update was pretty great! Thanks for listening to the community!

Comments

  • @legacycolt said:

    Don’t tunnel survivors and you’ll be fine

    If it were just that easy, my young padawan, if it were just that easy ...

  • @cluxdx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3016328#Comment_3016328

    BT has been considered one of the best perks in the game for literal years fam. It's used in every single tournament match and is far and away one of the most used perks in the game because — at least in the current meta — tunneling is basically a requirement if you're not playing Nurse or Blight with good add-ons.

    youre right but saying it’s used in a tournament match doesn’t mean much. The biggest reason it’s used in tournament matches is because tournament killers tunnel people so they get them out of the game fast as possible to insure the win by insuring there are less survivors. So survivors need to prevent that. But it Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s one of the best perks, etc

  • @Tatt3dWon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3019977#Comment_3019977

    No see i dont use perks so the base kit buffs for killer are detrimental to looping.

    Dude, if you're self-limiting by not using a major part of the game then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3020340#Comment_3020340

    Dude, if you're self-limiting by not using a major part of the game then you don't really have a leg to stand on.

    Its not self limiting till now that they buffed the killers base kit. Which is just done to stop looping.

  • @cluxdx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3021418#Comment_3021418

    You're really going hard on the idea that I'm losing my mind and panicking over this; we've had plenty of OP things in the past like old DS and old Object, and still have plenty of OP things like BNP and Alchemist's Ring. I don't think this one thing is killing the game; the only thing I'm saying is that a new perk design is far too powerful and needs toned down. A PTB will not change my standpoint on this because I know it's literally current BT but stronger, which I fundamentally disagree with because BT is already an S tier perk and nearly every other meta perk is being adjusted down.

    Saying something is OP and should be fixed is not raging, panicking or otherwise freaking out; it's just sharing an opinion. Opinions are incredibly valuable to developers. If the community on the whole does not like an idea and wants it changed, it's important they share that. If they didn't, I guarantee you we wouldn't have had an RPD rework for another couple years and Object would never have been touched.

    Yes I understand, but the main point of this update is to push killers away from that type of play style camping and tunneling.

    But the more a keep reading, hearing and seeing I'm coming to realize nobody wants to change the way they play.

    Camping and tunneling is still going to be the go to gameplay.

  • 80 second too long , it should be 30 second.

  • @cluxdx said:

    So by now we've all seen the dev update, and I can say most of these changes are incredibly welcome, so thanks BHVR! That said, with all positives comes their share of negatives, so let's get into the nitty-gritty of it.

    A massive problem BT had for a long time was being used offensively rather than defensively. We all know that situation where someone gets unhooked right near a pallet, and while you want to go out of your way to not tunnel, the freshly unhooked guy just bodyblocks to force proc his BT so the rescuer can get away and they still get their speed boost on hit, forcing you to chase a guy who probably has DS anyway.

    The new change to BT gives it way too much offensive potential with both increased duration AND a speed boost, so expect BT bodyblocking to become the norm. Off The Record will also pose a massive problem for the same reason in that the effect lasts 80 seconds. I understand you lose it if you touch a gen, heal, etc. but that doesn't cover the massive offensive potential that buff gives it.

    Another minor gripe I have is that the Ruin nerf seems quite harsh. IMO it should either be 150% or simply not a hex. Locking it to base regression speed in conjunction with the auto-cleanse makes it outright useless, especially given the added incentives to kicking a gen now, like Call Of Brine and the Overcharge buff. I will absolutely agree in the new meta the current Ruin would be OP, but base regression speed is basically worthless.

    As far as almost every other change goes, the dev update was pretty great! Thanks for listening to the community!

    I really hate how BHVR is basically just caving in to the “survivor rule book” with these changes. They’ve been saying for years that tunneling and camping are legit strategies that are part of the game, but after constant complaining from survivor mains, BHVR changed their minds and you now no longer have the option play that way if you choose to.

    I play both survivor and killer side, but with these changes I can’t see how I’m going to have anything but soul-crushing killer matches against SWF teams who will abuse BT and OTR body blocking as much as they can.

    All these perk changes were made to reduce reliance on meta perks that were used too often, but all they did was create new OP meta perks that will be used too often. Like, who isn’t going to bring new OTR into a match?

1 2 ›