The Dead Hard Change is Everything i Wanted
Thank you BHVR, now i only have to wait 1 second when i'm in swinging distance instead of 2 to 3 seconds, god bless
In all seriousness though, THANK YOU, this change to Dead Hard is perfect, it retains it's primary use while no longer being a obnoxious mistake eraser
Keep the proposal as is going forward, please and thank you
Comments
dh is basically the same
I think the change saves you around 2 meters (at best) if the survivor activates it early? it's not quite the nerf people were hoping for.
It's not. It rewards skilful play and it can be baited out and its even been confirmed there is a tell to when survivors use. Something many people wanted.
You guys just overreact
Yeah, it's good. If you play a lot of killer, you know that most survs are not great (to say the least) and precisely timing their DH use, but would still get distance regardless, or would just use it before you were even close.
Those days are over. This is an appropriate and fair change.
I love it I might actually even run it now since it's not as brain dead and you can't greed pallets or windows for free anymore.
I agree this is a healthier change from before I'm excited for it
it rewards "skillful play" about as well as old dh. also cant really be baited out more than old dh. this is barely a nerf. could even be a slight buff
Except the survivor will wait almost one second, or a bit more, for you to try. Then he'll activate it and get a boost.
It can't be used for BS distance to windows and pallets.
You can't Dead Hard dash to make vaults and pallets, but unless there's some kind of visual cue for killers to know when you've used it, there will be no way to tell when its safe to hit a survivor. People who can time it perfectly, will always get that free hit.
No, this is a clear nerf. With old DH you'd still get value even if your timing was awful. Now if you miss your timing, even a little, you get nothing.
The distance was really the thing that made DH OP, and it's gone.
you know that survivors can still run during the 1 second duration right?
am worried about DH being used at the exact same time of vaulting a window or dropping a pallet , thats means that is a guaranted free escape because of the endurance effect? or not ....am confused , and the survivor will play an animation once DH is active? i have soo many questions....
Well, they're already running, no? If they miss their timing, how is it different from not having DH at all? If you bait it as before, they're still right there to be downed, and haven't gained any of the additional distance they would have previously.
This change basically makes the perk work as it should: you can endure a hit if you get your timing just right, but provides no additional benefit.
I hate DH, and I'm really struggling to see the angle that this isn't a nerf, much less a buff (which is ridiculous).
old dh gave distance but less invulnerability while new dh doesnt directly give distance but gives longer invulnerability. when used to get to a pallet its basically the same
There is a tell? I've missed that. It will be more manageable by most killers though. (I'm still expecting it to be good against Nurse)
I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by someone else in the forum
The old distance gave you more time than the difference between old iframes and new, I'd bet. We're talking about fractions of a second.
The said there would be an animation when it is used, successful or not, apparently.
yeah using it for distance is probably slightly worse while using it against nurse or blight to doge a hit is better than before because of the longer duration and the speed boost after getting hit. dead hard is far from dead