I don't think they made an explicit mention of it because they want to see where the meta forms following these changes, but if dependency on second chance perks is no longer reliable, survivors are crafty and will find new (or old) methods to avoid death by hook.
That said, I sincerely hope that the perk & base game changes are enough to make killers feel like their home is not next to a hooked survivor.
I don't think they made an explicit mention of it because they want to see where the meta forms following these changes, but if dependency on second chance perks is no longer reliable, survivors are crafty and will find new (or old) methods to avoid death by hook.
That said, I sincerely hope that the perk & base game changes are enough to make killers feel like their home is not next to a hooked survivor.
Yeah actually nevermind. DS is pretty much going to be replaced by the Off The Record changes I missed.
I did but after thinking about it a little more...If a killer is camping/proxying and they just hit the survivor straight off hook then it will activate both the basekit BT and Off The Record making it a lot less useful and leaving that survivor opened to being tunneled. I'm not sure how this is going to play out but I don't think DS needed its stun duration nerfed at all.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't think they made an explicit mention of it because they want to see where the meta forms following these changes, but if dependency on second chance perks is no longer reliable, survivors are crafty and will find new (or old) methods to avoid death by hook.
That said, I sincerely hope that the perk & base game changes are enough to make killers feel like their home is not next to a hooked survivor.
Yeah actually nevermind. DS is pretty much going to be replaced by the Off The Record changes I missed.
That's my thought too - Off the Record seems like a healthier version of what Decisive Strike used to do at its peak.
Have you read the Off The Record perk change?)
I did but after thinking about it a little more...If a killer is camping/proxying and they just hit the survivor straight off hook then it will activate both the basekit BT and Off The Record making it a lot less useful and leaving that survivor opened to being tunneled. I'm not sure how this is going to play out but I don't think DS needed its stun duration nerfed at all.