"Taking One For The Team" Makes Me Feel Like I Could Get Banned
The achievement 'taking one for the team' is absolutely atrocious. In order to get it I have to pull allies off the hook in incredibly unsafe circumstances, and often the killers choose to tunnel, even through Borrowed Time.
I'm tired of worrying that I can constantly be reported for farming allies off hook, or working with the killer.
I die because of this achievement, other people die because of me going for this achievement. Encouraging players to make 250 horrible plays is not a good way to make an achievement.
Comments
It's more for being in front of the hook or that proximity while the killer is carrying someone to be hooked and taking a hit. Doing an unsafe unhook to get it is unwise since you'll usually get your teammate killed and you not long afterwards.
Ye bodyblocking should also work.
DBD is full of it. I thought the major complaint is that not enough was done to tackle it.
95% of claudettes you come across will pull you off the hook to save themselves. I've had it happen many times as survivor and I see it happen all the time as killer.
I'm sitting at 200/250, I keep track of every one that happens. The only hits which count for it are within about 10 seconds after an unhook, only when both you and the protected survivor are still within a few meters of the hook. It grants a different 100 bp protection event on top of the basic 200.
I've bodyblocked carried survivors directly under hook, it doesn't count.
The only way to do the achievement is to pull people off the hook when the killer is right there, and hope they won't walk a full circle around you to tunnel.
For reference, a dev says this is how it works in this thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135511455868043980/
Its not bannable, no worries but your teammates will hate you and it might happen that they farm you in return
It would be considered Purposely Losing the Game. Anyone pissy enough can send a report.