the nurse

never saw so many threads asking for a nerf about her... tbh i think that the devs create her without thinking that this game could be still played until today (in short words she was a "mistake" if we can call her in that way)... i mean, she's the only killer in the game that literally ignore every defense (ignore gameplay's mechanics) that survivors have (except dead hard obviously) and in the beginning they were thinking about making a CASUAL horror game, not a get genrushed and looped/tunneled and camped ("competitve") game mindset that's dbd today... now regarding her i think that only the addons that will improve her blink range should be completely changed into something else, everything else about her is fine, maybe some little modifications about her hitboxes wouldn't be bad either...

Comments

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014063#Comment_3014063

    That's assinine. You will encounter good nurses if you play well or matchmaking has a fit. I layout the strategies the methods of beating her and you efectively say not my dbd. No quite frankly were sick of this tantrum attitude of oh its to strong I can't beat it even though we give all the tips and advice to overcome it. Gating killer play so we don't have upper level killers because the average players cant handle it is assinine. IF there was no counterplay if there was no counterplay there would be grounds for change but there is and its create a completely different kind off dbd experience. A break from the same looping crap that is getting tired and old especially with current map designs very unfeasible.

    Well i disagree... so... get over it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013752#Comment_3013752

    There's no evidence anywhere of devs confirming nurse effects ANY perk. But try again. And yes. The map itself IS your resource against nurse. It's different then any other killer, and that's not a bad thing.

    With things like mother's dwelling and eyrie existing. Her add ons are perfectly fine for now. If they ever reduce map size. The add ons should be reduced heavily. But until then. They're perfectly fine.

    How dense are u? I never said devs like ??? I used an exemple, a factual exemple explaining my point like ???

    when u cant use pallets and windows the map is no resource. It’s trivial, a frugality. Like using bamboozle on nurse, it’s fruitless.

    And two maps as exemple on why double range addons are a thing is no argument.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014501#Comment_3014501

    Thanks ! The shack play was 100 % a timing play. That comes from playing nurse myself. I read her corner blink. I knew how long it would take.

    I feel like when people struggle, and say things like breaking LOS doesn't work. They probably play her like I did at the EGC. I took my eyes off her and didn't read what they were about to do. Even though she had her whole body turned and was looking for a prediction blink. I would of been safe at the corner but kept going

    I believe you are right. Sometimes I wonder if these are learning by rote instead of understanding the plays at hand.

    Knowing to play Nurse, even a bit, helps a lot. I'm guessing many survivors haven't the slightest clue as how she works. And since learning her is difficult and requires some effort they don't want to try.

    Nurse isn't the only killer in that situation. Many players confine themselves in one role. I've versed players who thought Spirit was a teleporter and I don't remember what nonsense about Doctor and Huntress.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3014501#Comment_3014501

    Thanks ! The shack play was 100 % a timing play. That comes from playing nurse myself. I read her corner blink. I knew how long it would take.

    I feel like when people struggle, and say things like breaking LOS doesn't work. They probably play her like I did at the EGC. I took my eyes off her and didn't read what they were about to do. Even though she had her whole body turned and was looking for a prediction blink. I would of been safe at the corner but kept going

    I watched your entire video, and I found your plays were good sometimes and sometimes the Nurse definitely played poorly, but there's something else more interesting here that I'd like to highlight:

    • That ######### was off you for maybe 15 seconds and every time that happened she either scored a hit or a down. Laura never lasted more than 5 blinks. Even if that IS a bad nurse, like others were griping on the other thread, it is clear that many survivors, survivors who could otherwise loop trapper or other M1 killers easily, get absolutely spanked in situations where you didn't. And it's clear here that it's not because the Nurse is good, it's because they refuse to improve/play as her/practice against her

    I still believe you can take that mindset all the way up to the best Nurses and continue to improve against them, but seeing it so distinctly against a poor Nurse makes it easier to understand why there are so many survivor mains just absolutely losing their mind over her in the forums.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3018565#Comment_3018565

    My friend. You literally say "she effects other killers" You use MYC as an example. You say it might have a shorter cooldown without her. NOTHING about thst is factual. Never have the devs said she holds back perk design.

    I mentioned two maps to keep it short. There's a lot more obliviously. Until they reduce a lot of the maps. Range should definetly stay. The traversal is too much

    She does, that is factual. MYC will never have a shorter cooldown because it’s exploitable on nurse. Do u need the devs to confirm this for u?

    What If I said lithe without exhaustion would be busted on good survs? Do u need confirmation from the devs as well? Or isnt it obvious.

    Nah, nurse is not a map dependent killer, her base kit fares well in all maps, therefore range addons just bring back the omegablink problem for a couples years back

1 2 ›