The language filter is absurd
At least make it toggle on or off for player themselves.
Plus IDK what is triggering these devs that even ban the word "tryhard "
I thought I'm not playing a game that is from and under communist country censorship tho rofl.
Comments
Yeah at least allow us to turn it off for ourselves. Pretty ridiculous.
Beside the point that bhvrs chat Filter is bonkers in terms of which harmless words it blocks, why do you feel the need to see what kind of slurs or other toxic waste other people spew around?
Again, i am not talking about the fact that the filter is stupidly blocking even normal words.
The Chat filter itself isn't bad in concept. Supposedly, it exists to filter the most egregious words, including slurs and other horrific insults (ie. "#########"). In concept, it is perfectly fine, and if you're annoyed at it in concept I would ask yourself why.
In practice is very different. It's absolutely draconic and just goes ham on meaningless things, like phone, gg, dog, amazing, tunneling, etc. In practice it's a bit of a piss take tbh - and yet somehow some swears still go through it for no reason. And don't get me started on what happens if you try speaking German oh my word- the word "kann" (and all other forms of the verb, like "können") is banned, which translates to "Can" as in "I can do this".
Because some people are not hyper sensitive and get their feelings hurt by everything. It's a game, trash talk is part of the competitiveness and human interaction. Some people don't need everything bubble wrapped and their hand held. I'd rather them be able to call me anything they want to than to have their voice censored. As long as it's not a direct call for violence I'd rather have free speech.
I can't think of a single good reason there shouldn't be an option to turn it off for our personal use. That doesn't hurt anyone else's option to have it on.
I'd like an option to disable chat completely, not just hide it. Mentioned this before, but a setting that disables it and requires a restart to reenable. I never open chat anyway, let me get rid of it. Then you can remove the censorship completely, it's not like chat bans exist, might as well just let people go all out while I can't see a thing. Bonus points if everyone is notified that I have chat disabled.