Seal Team 6 vs Altruistic Monkeys
First: I promise, this is not streamer idolization, and that I haven't seen it in a thread already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIPPHWEjmINow for my talking points. Take the following to be true:
- This is Otz trying, with the exception of the rules of the challenge, his damned hardest
- These are his hand picked games presumably based on entertainment value
What I find fascinating about these games, is:
How SWINGY they are. Oh lordy, you legit cannot tell who is going to win until the very end. One game was so close Otz decides not to pick up a survivor because they might, possibly, maybe have flip-flop.
Seal Team 6 and Altruistic Monkeys can be one in the same. When two teams try their best but one side knee caps themselves, 12 hooking vs altruism as an example for either side, their respective win rates nose dive. We all have seen and felt the swing ourselves and this, along with those solo queue potatoes, immensely exacerbate each other, perpetuating the swingyness.
Edit: Also, I think one of the reasons killers can't be stronger isn't just map size, or the prevalence of DH, it's these games, where altruism kills the statistics and tilt BHVR's hammer.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk, but seriously enjoy how merciless this video is to both sides.
Comments
"How SWINGY they are. Oh lordy, you legit cannot tell who is going to win until the very end"
My favourite kind ๐