How Do Yall Feel About Hillbilly?

I think we all are somewhat familiar with the man himself, Max Thompson Jr.

The reason why Ive asked about Billy is it seems that during the anniversary events, a lot of survivors Ive faced have DCed or let themselves go on first hook over curving. Ive even received a lot of harassment over curving (mind that I havent used any Engravings during the event, Im saving those for later, my addons used for this whole event has been Punctured Muffler and Junkyard Air Filter). A lot of this just led me to question: Do people hate Hillbilly?

Well, to be more exact, is Hillbilly fun to play? Is Hillbilly enjoyable to face? And are there certain builds that people refuse to go against? Id just like to get some of the community thoughts about him.

Comments

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3011454#Comment_3011454

    "I mean is Billy downing you in a deadzone really different from any other insta-down killer? I mean, they put you in an awful position or you put yourself in an awful position"

    Yes, it is different. Most all the other insta down killers don't have high mobility. Meaning that I have a much less likelyhood of being caught in a dead zone.

    "either way the Billy is being rewarded for their actions and your mistake, just like any other game."

    I mean there's a gen in a dead zone and he zooms up since you have little heads up...that isn't a mistake on my part. There was no misplay involved. Now if it's like Red Forest or something where I should clearly be able to see him coming from afar then sure that's that player making a mistake, but that's more an exception than the rule.

    "If Im playing an FPS game and I get shot because Im in an open field, I wont get mad, because I put myself in that awful position, and the guy who killed me still had to put some level of skill into hitting me; I dont see it any different from Billy."

    That's a poor analogy that doesn't apply. Apples and oranges. You aren't forced to go into that open field in the FPS, that is a mistake. If a gens in a dead zone that isn't a choice.

    Even if my analogy was horrible, it isnt inherently an issue with the killer, it's an issue with map design and gen spread.

  • I don’t find Hillbilly fun to go against. He’s definitely fun to play with, though. He’s a unicorn to me. Probably the killer I see the least, nowadays.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3012431#Comment_3012431

    Even if my analogy was horrible, it isnt inherently an issue with the killer, it's an issue with map design and gen spread.

    Well I never said it was inherently a Billy issue, only that it's currently the experience of playing against Billy.

  • I remember the original Hillbilly. Scary as hell and exciting frantic matches. Hearing that chainsaw....

    Things have changes sadly.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3013616#Comment_3013616

    Well I never said it was inherently a Billy issue, only that it's currently the experience of playing against Billy.

    Never said that you said it, I was just stating that it is generally an issue with map design and gen spread more than anything, which based on the new maps and their layouts, I reckon it's just BHVR messing up with map design (speaking of BHVR messing up with map design, Garden of Joy is an awful map for Billy and Bubba, BHVR really needs to fix that map's collision, it is horrible).

1 2 ›