Possible DBD X Fortnite collab?

David, Dwight and Legion could be coming to Fortnite. It was posted yesterday in a recent survey of upcoming collabs. Wonder if that means DBD could get something from Fortnite as well??

Comments

  • Like what? cringy dances?

  • I'm not so sure if the crossover would work both ways. I like Fortnite quite a lot and I'd be ecstatic to have DBD skins there, but who could Fortnite really send over? Their only applicable character is Jonesy, and I'm not really sure he'd be a great fit.

    Maybe a charm to commemorate the crossover like For Honour, but I doubt it'd actually go both ways. Maybe I'm wrong, though!

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm not so sure if the crossover would work both ways. I like Fortnite quite a lot and I'd be ecstatic to have DBD skins there, but who could Fortnite really send over? Their only applicable character is Jonesy, and I'm not really sure he'd be a great fit.

    Maybe a charm to commemorate the crossover like For Honour, but I doubt it'd actually go both ways. Maybe I'm wrong, though!

    Someone suggested a loot llama charm which would be a good idea I think. But I kinda doubt DBD would actually get skins.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Like what? cringy dances?

    Yes please. Imagine all the crying that would arise for survivors no longer tea bagging at the exit gates, but performing entire victory dances, or bubba's doing the same while facecamping. I would love to see that

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Like what? cringy dances?

    Yeah that would be cool or just more emotes and for killer too.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008186#Comment_3008186

    Someone suggested a loot llama charm which would be a good idea I think. But I kinda doubt DBD would actually get skins.

    That'd be cute! I think a charm would be the way to go, if they wanted that kind of collab.

  • Okay Iโ€™m sorry that would be hilarious

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Okay Iโ€™m sorry that would be hilarious

    No cause imagine Dwight shooting Legion with an AR ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • This reminds me of when DBD had a crossover with For Honor. For Honor had a big special event where players could do gens and stuff and teamed up to fight the Trapper as a super boss. DBD had a charm.

  • @TAG said:

    This reminds me of when DBD had a crossover with For Honor. For Honor had a big special event where players could do gens and stuff and teamed up to fight the Trapper as a super boss. DBD had a charm.

    I never understood why people were mad about that. The charm was pretty obviously only to commemorate the event, no other crossover DBD has ever done went both ways so I don't get why people expected that one to.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008215#Comment_3008215

    I never understood why people were mad about that. The charm was pretty obviously only to commemorate the event, no other crossover DBD has ever done went both ways so I don't get why people expected that one to.

    I wasn't mad, but it was pretty obvious that between the two communities, way more effort was put into the collab for one of the communities than for the other. It makes the other side feel like they're not cared for nearly as much.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008228#Comment_3008228

    I wasn't mad, but it was pretty obvious that between the two communities, way more effort was put into the collab for one of the communities than for the other. It makes the other side feel like they're not cared for nearly as much.

    But if it had been the other way around - DBD had a full chapter dedicated to For Honor, and For Honor acknowledged/commemorated that with a small cosmetic item - would it seem like 'no effort' went into that cosmetic? There was never any expectation that DBD would do anything because it wasn't an event that went both ways, the charm was just to promote and remember the event by.

    Genuine madness that people read it any other way.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008245#Comment_3008245

    But if it had been the other way around - DBD had a full chapter dedicated to For Honor, and For Honor acknowledged/commemorated that with a small cosmetic item - would it seem like 'no effort' went into that cosmetic? There was never any expectation that DBD would do anything because it wasn't an event that went both ways, the charm was just to promote and remember the event by.

    Genuine madness that people read it any other way.

    Then it would seem like no effort went into the For Honor half of the collab, and the For Honor community would have a right to feel like they were glossed over in the same way.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008255#Comment_3008255

    Then it would seem like no effort went into the For Honor half of the collab, and the For Honor community would have a right to feel like they were glossed over in the same way.

    I respect that your opinion is consistent, even if I disagree. Fair enough!

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008261#Comment_3008261

    I respect that your opinion is consistent, even if I disagree. Fair enough!

    My view is that if two still-going (at the time) online games are going to have a joint collaboration, giving one of those games a big event and the other game a small reminder that the community of the first game got a big event feels like the community of the second game is just not cared about.

  • no, purely for the fact that it requires working with epic games and ######### epic games.

    then again bhvr collaborated with ubisoft so expecting them to have a basic sense of morality is too much i guess

  • I want DBD x Valorant collab.

  • Can't wait to nae nae on a survivor after I hook them