You guys feed this vicious cycle

To preface this post because people are confused: camping and tunneling, rushing and bullying all suck.

This community needs to stop complaining. You do it to yourselves. You guys would complain about killers camping and tunneling then rush all the gens on chill killer with 5 flan in play. You wonder why people play like this, the tunnel camp and rushing, then complain on here without the foresight that maybe they are dealing with the same bs from the other side.

The game that made me make this was a 3k with 5 hooks because i ran a chill build and was down to play nice, but the gens were practically done in less then 3-4 mins. I didnt count so it could be hyperbole but 4 were done at my second hook which were fast downs. So then i have to play mean or i dont get anything out it. What do they get for the rush? Less points and a short match. Just as bad as the slugging nurse or 4 man bully squad.

I dont have a fix for this I'm just venting at this point. The devs incentivize this playstyle with the way mmr is built, and to me that vicious cycle. Now because of that match. I'm done with the chill builds and nice playstyle. Theres just no point with all the sweats out during this event.

Comments

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008464#Comment_3008464

    Fair enough. I think your way is the best way. I usually like to play like that too, but when I get to the point where I'm playing back to back sweat sometimes I have to throw on something to match lol

    I understand that but personally I don't try and match the sweatiness because it just contributes more to the cycle of sweaty gameplay that ruins the fun for everyone. Which seems to be the goal of doing it considering people have been bragging about playing extremely sweaty just to ruin someone else's experience.

  • @ArchAbhor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3008642#Comment_3008642

    Thats because its a game. It is essentially just tag with gen defense tossed in. It themes dont excuse people playing like pricks lol

    Theme is what defines games and makes them interesting.

    let’s say the killer was a big white box with one swinging arm and the survivors just circles. No atmosphere maps are just 2D line drawn environments. Mechanics are identical.

    Sure it’s the exact same thing but it loses something.

    Theme builds in game expectations.

    Falls guys is funny and stupid it has a funny and stupid theme.

    Among us is cartoony and the deaths over the top it’s a parody of horror making it light hearted and funny.

    Fortnight is a crap shoot money grab mishmash designed for brand lovers. The gameplay is basically secondary to selling the variety of in game cosmetics.

    Theme defines games, DBD is a gritty survival horror. You’d expect the killer to be threatening, vicious and nasty but that’s not fair and not nice. Well are you sure you’re ready for something like DBD?

    It’s like going to watch Friday the 13th and being upset that people died during the film.

    A lot of what people call playing like dicks is just thematic gameplay but its kinda nasty and people can’t handle that even though it’s the very theme of the game.

  • Survivors have more room for mistakes, second chance perks, braindead loops, genrushing and if they want they can do swf, altough not required; must killers cant keep up with it, they only get nerfs or insignificant buffs. Survivors can rush the objective, AKA gens, but the killer is punished and shamed for it (tunneling is rushing the kill, still have to deal with DS).

  • I guess I'm not sure why these posts come up every day and players still think that policing playstyles is how anything will get solved. This is not a player issue. I can't think of another PVP game that forces casuals and sweats into the same queue with no other option. And I don't understand why players repeatedly run into these situations where the other side is "too sweaty" and their conclusion is that it's a playstyle issue and not a matchmaking issue.

    People are going to sweat in a PVP game because that's what makes the game enjoyable for them. Telling them to play "for fun" is silly. They are. That's what is fun for them. Just like messing around and playing for 12 hooks or existing for 10 minutes on survivor is fun for other players.

    BHVR could alleviate the problem a bit by accepting the fact that 70-80% of its playerbase is militantly casual and hates that people try to play this game well, and 20% of players enjoy playing optimally. Give a portion of that 20% a chance to duke it out in a ranked queue and let the other players have their fun in a quickplay queue. Yes, people will sweat in quickplay. They sweat in the only queue there is right now. That will never. ever. ever. change.

1 2 ›