We'll see if chat abuse really warrants a (temporary) ban.

Today in an end-game chat one player has wished for a pretty gruesome death to another player of the match. There was no room left for interpretation.

I've reported it and for once I've kept a link to the profile.

I'll check to see if he ever gets a temporary ban or if reporting these is a waste of time.

Comments

  • How do you check for temporary bans though? You only see permanent bans on (not private) profiles as far as I know?

  • Also do profiles show bans that aren't VAC bans (well steam profiles to be specific)?

  • @Mooks said:

    How do you check for temporary bans though? You only see permanent bans on (not private) profiles as far as I know?

    I'm not aware of that. If what you say is true then we'll never know.

  • They're supposed to be dealt with, and I'm sure they are, but not all of them. Considering how much toxicity and death wishes you can find in the endgame lobby, they would need a massive team working 8 hours on that.

    They said they will address toxicity, I would like a system that rewards cool and good vibes players (giving them skins or BP if they recive upvotes).

    I have to say (althought I might be risking a ban here) that there are some offenses that seems to be dealt inmediately, and on my personal perspective they are not that aggresive as a death wish.

  • @VonCrow said:

    They're supposed to be dealt with, and I'm sure they are, but not all of them. Considering how much toxicity and death wishes you can find in the endgame lobby, they would need a massive team working 8 hours on that.

    They said they will address toxicity, I would like a system that rewards cool and good vibes players (giving them skins or BP if they recive upvotes).

    I have to say (althought I might be risking a ban here) that there are some offenses that seems to be dealt inmediately, and on my personal perspective they are not that aggresive as a death wish.

    I don't imagine a player-vote system to work. (One of the reasons that auto-ban they've told about may be an abomination.)

    edit:

    On another hand, I've just given a thumbs up to a whole team. One of them was a pleasure to chase because of her consecutive smart plays and mind-games. And given the three others were either dead or slugged to death (the chase was long), they've been very good sports. That's so rare.