Regarding the event…

I’ve seen enough posts about how people try way too hard during the event, leading to one side or both getting much less points than they would have.

It’s only natural for people to want to do better when loads of bloodpoints are on the line, aside from the amount you’re getting it’s not any different from a bloodhunt weekend or a match where several people bring party streamers.

Survivors gen rush and loop the killer for over half, if not the entire match.

Killers camp and tunnel people to death because they need map pressure, because of said gen rushers.

Moral of the story is, both sides are equally terrible in their own ways. Be the bigger person and play respectfully regardless of what the other side does. We’re supposed to be celebrating, not bickering.

Comments

  • I think it's also because you have lots of players coming back just for that event -> including myself.

    We just don't care about their fun. We got back to play and farm BP. My job is to make sure I get enough BP to make it worth my time. Both sides play like this, that's why it seems like MMR on steroids.

  • I absolutely take my foot off the gas for these kinds of events but I also recognize that not everyone has that same mindset.

    While it would be nice if there weren't absolute jerkfaces who go into the events with the intention of ruining the games, I also kind of accept that those kinds of players are in the game regardless of Events or not and they're part of the package you get when you play DBD. Personally, while annoying, I figure I'm always gaining more always playing my flans and getting normal or nice matches than I lose if I decide to hoard the flans because jerkfaces ruin a few games.