Community Event isn't like the good old Days, and that's not as good at it could be.

The Event today isn't like the 1 anniversary event in 2017 and it feels like it was better back then.

Back then there was clear tasks and goals, there was no question about if you contributed or not, cause there was no selection system of Challenges. Nor was there any Cap on progress that could be made. There were no tapping of the foot, waiting for other players to pull their fair share, when I have two hands right here. I could help, but I feel like bHVR has bound me from helping and showing off the progress I could contribute.

I remember fondly the effort we made back then. MCote and Dave, you remember dont you?

Here take a refresher: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/1_Year_Anniversary

If you want to relive the magic of a superior community event challenge here is what you do:

  • Progress from every player is uncapped, however a personal contribution is required for tome progress.
  • Global Progression should never rely on having a Tome Challenge Selected.

In short, Its about the Community showing their strength, not individuals pulling their fair share.

Thanks for listening BHVR and Community.

Comments

  • seconded having to "select" for a community challenge is beyond dumb. it should collect passively, it isn't like there isn't already a proven system already in the past that shows they can already do it. splitting the challenges up is very mean spirited because you're essentially "selfish" if you dont have the community one selected at all times.