Another event with a seemingly massive Franklins Demise spike..

The gen rush is probably the harshest I’ve seen it playing the Killer side during this event but thankfully there’s at least enough bloodpoints to hoard special events items in the web.

I know Franklin’s is a standard perk year round for some players but I have a Legitimate question..

If you don’t typically run Franklin’s, are you putting it on to stop a few spicy toolboxes or is there some spite/satisfaction of robbing someone of a unique one time item?

I bring self care as a backup plan so losing a kit doesn’t effect me unless it’s a plague obviously but I truly want to see the statistics of franklins usage during events because maybe I’m nuts but FD feels way less common outside of special events.

Comments

  • Tool boxes especially if you’re an experienced killer isn’t an issue in the game, it’s medkits that are the scariest thing in the game. If I load into a lobby and I see 4 medkits and those survivors have purchased character skins I’m either dodging or staying if I’m playing either Blight or Nurse. Medkits with addons imo are the most op thing in this game rn. Especially against killers that have zero mobility and have to hit a survivor twice which is basically 85% of the killers in this game.. Franklins could be slapped on against 4 medkits for sure but as a clown or wraith for eg you can’t really afford to waste a perk slot on Franklins..

  • I run Franklins every night just to troll SWFs. It is by far my favorite perk.

  • @Starr43 said:

    The gen rush is probably the harshest I’ve seen it playing the Killer side during this event but thankfully there’s at least enough bloodpoints to hoard special events items in the web.

    I know Franklin’s is a standard perk year round for some players but I have a Legitimate question..

    If you don’t typically run Franklin’s, are you putting it on to stop a few spicy toolboxes or is there some spite/satisfaction of robbing someone of a unique one time item?

    I bring self care as a backup plan so losing a kit doesn’t effect me unless it’s a plague obviously but I truly want to see the statistics of franklins usage during events because maybe I’m nuts but FD feels way less common outside of special events.

    Why do you assume its personal spite?

    Flashy anniversary items are still items!

    You can pick them back up.

    You can get hundreds out of the bloodweb to last you the rest of the year during the event.

    They're just items.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    I run Franklins every night just to troll SWFs. It is by far my favorite perk.

    That’s actually pretty funny. I’ll give you that😆

  • I used to run it all the time on wraith and some other weak killers but I dont play them anymore and I think its maybe even a year since I used it last time.

    Also I run to it as a survivor here and there but nothing big. And this event I havent got more than 1 maybe 2 killers who ran it

  • @Viskod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/328764/another-event-with-a-seemingly-massive-franklins-demise-spike

    Why do you assume its personal spite?

    Flashy anniversary items are still items!

    You can pick them back up.

    You can get hundreds out of the bloodweb to last you the rest of the year during the event.

    They're just items.

    It was just a question out of curiosity because like I said I see Franklin’s way more often during events. I don’t have an issue with the perk but it always gave off a slap in the face vibe based off of its design.

    I’d actually rather see it buffed so the moment you smack someone with Franklins the item is immediately out of the game with no way of picking it up.. but to compensate have the item return to the inventory (while using a white ward at the very least)

    I honest to god feel bad using it but if a buff deleted the item from the match instantly but at least went back to their inventory I’d be able to shake that. To further buff it to favour killers have it so if you knock any items that have addons attached then the entity grants you the ability to retain the addons you used as killer. A significant change like that could make franklins more tolerable for survivors but strong enough to easily become a meta perk… maybe..