What are the actual requirements for getting the anniversary cosmetics?

I'm a bit confused about the requirements.

I played as survivor and one time I got a cosmetic even though I died on hook and the gates were not open - still 3 gens to do, Obviously I collected the invitation before.

I was the last one alive and the hatch icon appeared half a second before I was hooked - does the hatch being open count as well?

Also to confirm - gates opened not just powered? So basically EGC has to start?

Comments

  • Yes, Mandy confirmed in another thread that you need to be alive when EGC triggers to unlock the mask

  • Survivor: Collect an invitation from the pedestal and survive until EGC (End Game Collapse).

    Killer: Collect an invitation from the pedestal and play a full match.

    Easier to get for killers than survivors overall.

  • The EGC question was more like an additional one, just to be sure, but the main question was, why did I get a mask even though the gates were nowhere near opened?

  • @theTARNavsky said:

    The EGC question was more like an additional one, just to be sure, but the main question was, why did I get a mask even though the gates were nowhere near opened?

    i would assume the killer closed the hatch thus triggering EGC? Could have happened shortly before you died on hook.

  • They actually didn't, I thought so as well, but I clipped it afterwards

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtSuZf-FSJU

    As you can see, the hatch icon is visible right till the end of the sacrifice animation. After I got back to the lobby, I got the cosmetic.

  • @theTARNavsky said:

    They actually didn't, I thought so as well, but I clipped it afterwards

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtSuZf-FSJU

    As you can see, the hatch icon is visible right till the end of the sacrifice animation. After I got back to the lobby, I got the cosmetic.

    then it was either a bug or the killer was already closing the hatch and the requirement was fulfilled before the indication for hatch closed/EGC triggered was cut out by end of match.

    (knowing this game it was probably a bug)