residual manifest and pharmacy should work like ace in the hole
Currently residual manifest guarantees a yellow flashlight upon rummaging your first chest and pharmacy gives you a green medkit after opening a chest for the first time. Ace in the hole gives you at least one addon and its rarity goes from common to very rare with different probabilities of getting each rarity. I think pharmacy and residual manifest should work the same but they should still have a high probability of giving the item with the rarity it currently comes with. For example with pharmacy you would get a green medkit 70% of the time, a brown 15%, a yellow 10% and a purple 5%. For residual manifest you could have 70% yellow, 20% green and 10% purple. Furthermore, you could make these perks synergize with plunderer's instinct which would increase the chance of having an item of higher rarity and thus changing the probabilities.
Comments
Oh I thought you would mean, that both Residual Manifest and Pharmacy should come with a chance to give your items add-ons. Which would make sense with the comparison.
Yeah, thats a good idea.
I do like a bit of RNG, though I also know that the way brown, green, and purple medkits work is significantly different - green medkits are designed for one very speedy heal and also boost personal healing, while purple medkits are designed for multiple uses. Also there's no yellow medkit.
Overall I don't think it'd make either perk too powerful on average, since they already have limiting conditions (First chest opened, rummaging) but the mix of constraint (guaranteed item type) with variance added in plus the inclusion of Ace In The Hole for addons, could lead to some really swingy discoveries.
First Aid Kit A standard First Aid Kit with all the necessary equipment for treating common to more serious injuries.
The First Aid Kit has a Capacity of 24 Charges.
You're really going to argue that "First Aid Kits" aren't med-kits? Or did you forget that they exist?
😫 I forgot they exist lmao